• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Little Rock Arkansas

slowmover

FRIEND
Little Rock, AR
Just found out we are moving to Little Rock next year... make that next month. Anybody got any good tips on where to base my Super Cub (must have a hangar, like to have a grass strip), and who does good cub maintenance in the area?

Thanks,
Slowmover

Kenny Blalock is a stone throw away and he knows Cubs. Not sure on hangers. Tish and Jason can probably help.

http://www.spava.com/Index.htm

Will miss you dropping in from time to time. My folks live in Memphis so we go through Litle Rock at least once a year. You are still close to Reklaw and you are close to some small mountains. Really nice flying up in the Ozarks.

Slowmover,

Tish and I are hangered at North Little Rock (1M1), 7 miles north of LIT and have a couple supercubs and J-3's plus several other tailwheels based here. We land on the grass between the big runway and the taxiway all the time. NLR is the best GA airport in the area. Contact Harry Barrett at Barret aviation for hanger info. Air Charter did our annual for $650 but if we need a cub expert Kenny is the man as Steve mentioned. Takes about 15 minutes to fly to his hanger.

Have you found a house? If so, which part of town?

Jason

Thanks. I will have a look around there when I get there. My wife has been looking online and seems to think the Maumelle or West LR area would be a good place to live. I will be working NE of Little Rock and want to avoid alot of traffic.

Back