• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

props

pokey

northern colorado
Hi all. Just saw a Fa 200 series mac prop for a o-360. Question.I am seeing two addtitional holes in the face of this prop that appear to go nowhere. Looks like even a prop spinnner would not cover them. Also a tapped, screwed and saftied plate on one side of the hub? All this for balance and track? Prop is new from Mac. Have not seen this on my c 90 pa 11 set up. Must be the world of big engined cubs. Thanks for any clarification you can add as to the holes and plate.
Bill

Low and slow and Yellow I go.

Hello,

You are probably looking at a DFA not a FA prop. The D stands for dowel. Some engine prop combs use pins to properly locate and clock the prop to the engine. If your engine does not have dowels, don't worry, ignore them. I belive FA and DFA props are the same other than the dowel holes.

The 175 series have these holes also. They are balanced at the factory long ways and side ways. They put lead in the big holes and use screws and safety wire on the hub.

3081IMG_2299.JPG

Back