• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Tires

Longwinglover beat me to it. You CAN NOT use cheap and avaition in the same sentence. It isn't possible. :)
You can occasionally find a decent deal on things though. I just got a set of 26 inch Goodyears with ONE tube. They are like new and I am probably going to put them on my Champ since I was having a hard time trying to find a used 8.50.

Desser recaps 8:00x4, although they are somewhat finicky about the age of the casing. They have the smoothie recap, but it really doesn't look like the original. Doug Rounds had a production run of the smoothies done a couple decades ago - I wonder if it would be possible to do them for experimentals and keep the price within reason?

I recently got a set of new Goodyear 8:00x4s from Desser, and they recapped an older pair with the ribbed design for me. I am happy with their service, and delighted that they didn't reject my casings.

8.00 x 6

Hey

I have a set of 8.00 x 6 tires and tubes on my Pacer, less than 100 hours and one year in service.

I'm getting a field approval for 8.50 x 6 tires...then I'd be willing to sell you my old tires cheaper

Pat
Anchorage, AK

Be curious to see how many 800x4 tires they sell a year.

I know they sold at least one set this year. I'm still trying to recover.
IMG_1414.jpg

IMG_1413.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1414.jpg
    IMG_1414.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 993
  • IMG_1413.jpg
    IMG_1413.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 936
Be curious to see how many 800x4 tires they sell a year.

I've told this story before. 15 or 20 years ago at Oshkosh I was at the Goodyear booth and noticed that one of the name tags said senior VP. When I got a chance I asked him where they got off getting $168 a tire for 800x4 Cub tires. He told me that the Cub world was lucky that a few of the old guard at Goodyear were cub pilots. He said every few years they would drag all the old 1930s mold machines out of storage and get them up and running and make a couple hundred 800x4s and then clean and oil all the machines and store them away. About a week's worth of work. He said if the Goodyear Ex board ever looked at what it cost them in labor and lost productivity they would get 10 time what they were charging

Glenn

I am doing my part. A new set every three years or so. Last time I splurged and got tubes too, although my 1960 tubes are still good.

I had the 4” tires & wheels on my 95 when I purchased it two years ago, immediately did the Grove wheel & brake conversion to 800 x 6, never looked back. Cost of those 4” tires made that an easy decision. Still have the 4” wheels and tires should anyone want them!

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

I've told this story before. 15 or 20 years ago at Oshkosh I was at the Goodyear booth and noticed that one of the name tags said senior VP. When I got a chance I asked him where they got off getting $168 a tire for 800x4 Cub tires. He told me that the Cub world was lucky that a few of the old guard at Goodyear were cub pilots. He said every few years they would drag all the old 1930s mold machines out of storage and get them up and running and make a couple hundred 800x4s and then clean and oil all the machines and store them away. About a week's worth of work. He said if the Goodyear Ex board ever looked at what it cost them in labor and lost productivity they would get 10 time what they were charging

Glenn

The basis of that story can be told in plenty of product discussions!

Back