• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Summer is Over !

aalexander

Anchorage
Or at least hte end is near. Yep, it's official, the clouds parted a couple of hours ago and there's a thick layer of termination dust on the Chugach Range.

Shoot....

Shoot Steve, I thought it was hot in NC/SC. Its rarely over 95 here, but high humidity. Feels like you are back in DaNang. I find its kinda hard to do any real work when its that hot. Maybe its those 64 years talking to me? You Texas guys have it bad. Hey, is your hangar air conditioned?
Seriously, I enjoy your posts, keep them coming.

Mike

At least it is dry heat. The mid 90s with the high humidity at New Holstein was worse. I have an airconditioned shop in my hanger but sometimes its not practical to take wings off so I can work in there. :lol:

Steve,

I just got back from College Station yesterday. 104* every day. I absolutely fell in love with that place. We saw 109* in Madisonville and it was 108* in Fort Worth on the way to the airport. If you get tired of the heat, come up and visit me in February. :D

By the way, it's 60* at my house and I played golf all day. Snow on the mountains is no big deal.

Stewart

StewartB said:
By the way, it's 60* at my house and I played golf all day.

Must have been out at Palmer, Most of the day in Anchorage your golf ball would have been washed away.

StewartB said:
Snow on the mountains is no big deal.

True, but it is a sign that summer's drawing to a close.

Nope. Eagleglen, and it was just fine except for a couple of holes.

For the 40 winters I've seen, Holloween is the ceremonial start. Until then I'll spend every moment I can doing something outdoors. By my calculations, that's 10 weeks away. And as luck would have it, I'll be back in Texas for Thanksgiving. Perfect.

Stewart

I just had a client up at a lake with golden leaves on the hills sides around it. (1200 ft msl)

This summer has really been crappy,,,,

xx

Stewart, I think ya'll live for the summer and we live for the other seasons. Wish i would have known you were so close. Do you have an Aggie in the family now. :up

Steve,

Yes, I'm an Aggie dad. I'll be visiting fairly often for the next several years. I'm certain we'll have the chance to meet.

Stewart

Its been raining so hard here, that I saw a couple Seagulls wearing life vest down at the hardware store buying Ark materials.

Back