• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Spray Unit Flight Manual Supplement

PPI Brian

SPONSOR
Indiana
Hello again,
I am still in search of a flight manual supplement for the Whitaker spray unit listed in the original PA-18 type certificate. I have asked Piper, since it was original equipment, but they do not have anything either. I tried calling the Piper Museum, but so far have received no response. If anyone has one of these, I could sure use the help. Also, if you do not have the Whitaker Paperwork, I would still like to see an old Sorenson Supplement so I can have an idea as to what it originally looked like. Thanks for the help!

Brian Sutton

Manuals

Hi
I have 2x PA18A owner's handbooks with spray unit details that you're welcome to. one is Pre1955 and the other pre 1974. No reference to the type of unit.

email me your details and I'll send you a PDF of the manuals.

regards Tim

Tim,
Thanks for the help! I really appreciate the effort. My e-mail address is propilotsinc@cs.com I will definitely take anything I can get. Probably the pre 1955 one would be best. Still looking....

Brian

Brian Sutton
Professional Pilots Inc.
12304 West 165th Ave.
Lowell, IN 46356
219-696-8726
www.propilotsinc.com

Brian, I'll get the telephone number of a guy in NW Missouri that has a 1976 A model PA 18 that came with Sorensen setup. It'll be a day or two.
Marty

Brian, I have a 57 pa18-A and I have the operators manual for it. In the manual it shows a tank that is mounted where the back seat is located. If this is what you are looking for PM me. I have a hopper door on the top of the fuselage which must be for dry chemicals and fertilizer. I farm and have always wanted to rig the plane for spraying, but my wife and father{1/2 owner} have threatened to burn the plane to the ground if I rigged it for spraying. They said to leave the spraying to the big yellow air tractors.

Thanks guys!,
Tim was able to send me the operators manual so at least I'm that far... However, the flight manual supplement is still proving to be elusive.

DDH, I figure you can't let those big yellow Air Tractor guys have all the fun...

Brian

Brian,

I have a original signed copy of the operating limitations for a multiple cat certified PA18-150 when spraying, I'll make a copy and get it to you.

Back