• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Combining Wheat in Montana

ag-pilot

SPONSOR
Mt.
Anyone out there in Supercub land want to come drive a John Deere Combine In SE Montana for around a month? Place to stay, good food and great people. You wouldn't have to have much experience.
PM me, I could even find hangar space for your A/C if you flew out.
Thanks,
Dave

PS: You could drive truck if you didn't want to combine.

Thanks, but -- - Just finished getting my hay in - haven't sweat so much since the volunteer firefighter days!! 104 here today, in the shade on my porch in SW Washington.

Just got my hay up too, waiting for second cutting. Does your combines have GPS? I could just sit there and watch it go!!!

I might have some time when I get back from NH could even bring some machines if you need the wheat crop here is over Worst harvest ever, The dryest 12 mos. in history July 1 to July 1 less than 6 inches of precip!

How is the crop in SE MT?

I might have some time when I get back from NH could even bring some machines if you need the wheat crop here is over Worst harvest ever, The dryest 12 mos. in history July 1 to July 1 less than 6 inches of precip!

Friends coming home from the harvest run say that most everything down south was real bad. South Dakota Combines didn't even come out of the shed.

We combined peas last week that went 31 to 35 bu/ac, about half a crop for us, but we have something to harvest. Durum is next, then spring wheat which might make 40bu/ac.

Bill
Central North Dakota

John Deere? Is that one of those green colored things? LOL! JK
I grew up on a farm in Mn and haven't been on a combine in close to 25-30 years.
When does your harvest start there? Soon I would guess.

Sorry to take so long to get back here, Need a wireless in my combine.
Looks like we have the Winter Wheat about handled. When we start into the Spring Wheat in a few days I'll get back here and let everybody know if we still need help. The thinking is the Spring Wheat is going to be about half a crop so we can pull some truck drivers off and put them in combines.

Thanks for all the replies and PMs
Dave

If ya still need help let me know and I will take some time off work and come on out and help ya...

I am serious! Email me for phone..

Sam

8)

If I wasn't still working full time, I'de be there in a heartbeat! 46 years in agriculture and one of my all time passions is driving a combine....started out as a header tender on an old pull Massey-Harris, and then started pulling a converted Case harvester with a 3T Cat.....all on tracks, working in wheat, barley, safflower and the big one, rice! Even had my own JD-105 for a while. Now I have a Super Cub! :angel:

Back