• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Sam's Airplane in transition to Dave's airplane....

Sam Beckett

Hometown USA!
Ruidoso Ron, Left this AM about 9:30PDT to head towards Kentucky...
It was very sad to see such a pristine airplane that was no longer mine head East....He called me about 12:30 and he was stuck in Bakersfield in weather!
He will keep me informed as I will keep all of you informed on his dash East...
He was going to try to get to Ruidoso this evening...
More later as the day wears on!

Sam

8)

Clay, I am not sure where he is heading, I just know the new owner is there visiting his brother then he is off to Florida with his new plane..
Ron is great guy and it has been great getting to know him..We met Dave producer of Johnson Creek last night for a few brews in Lodi..
We all had a nice visit...
A bunch of middle age pilots swapping bigger stories than any fisherman ever attempt to go..Unless he is fishing for flying fish....
So we had a good time, called it a nite fairly early Ron was wiped out and I was pooped and of course Dave was ready to PARTIEEEE..
Sorry SuperCub Dave...Another night, we had to much to cover..
But the nice thing that we had a nice visit!
Keep looking and I will update as I can for ya'll.
Again my hat is off to Steve our fearless founder of SuperCub.org :tup: for setting up a place for all of us diehard Cub drivers to gather, meet as we may have never had that chance. What a great place to keep track of one another on Xcntry trips for safety, mechanical advice and swap stories and really meet up for a brew or two or three or four...You get the idea!!!
Cheers Steve and Dana!!!!!
Thanks!

Sam

8)

Ron ... I thought you were hard at work fixin up your Cub? What you doing flying someone elses dream cross country?

Ron,
Better get crackin" I got the room reserveration for You me JR and John Nezbeth at the Long House for next Thursday in Anchorage.
Rick :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :) :) :) :)

Update-
Ron called me tonight...He is in Winslow AZ....Of course the normal delay is weather these days...He is heading towards home for tomorrow..
He feels confident he will make it..
Ron is steaming forward as fast as he can and he will make it..
He should be to Steve's by Saturday for a pit stop and a pat on the back..
So stay posted for updates as I hear from him I will post it!

Sam

8)

Was he standing on a corner?

Was he such a fine sight to see?

We need details Sam!

sj

Then there was a girl my lord in a flat bed ford who slowed down to take a look at him!

Dano said:
Then there was a girl my lord in a flat bed ford who slowed down to take a look at him!

See I knew somebody would get it.

sj

Well you know the old adage "Time to spare, go by air"? It has certainly held true for this trip, but I'm not surprized. Everybody knows that the prevailing winds should be from West to East this tiime of year, but I have been fighting 10-35 mph headwinds ever since I left California. The beautiful Cub is safe in my hangar at Sierra Blanca, and none too soon! BIG BLACK WALL of TR's is moving in from the NE. May have to sit this one out for a day. Destination is Campbellsville, KY. Will keep you advised as to progress, if any.

Ron,

Glad to hear you are making progress.

Rain rain rain rain rain all over the middle and south right now. We need it though.

sj

Take your time, Ron. Enjoy the ride and the view.

Just don't get too comfortable about lookin' at that airplane sittin' in your hangar.

Load up the Tahoe and deliver those parts in your shop to Kentucky. Claim you don't know what happen Ron. :lol:

Mine too, but it is that down time and fun lost between the time they became many parts and one new airplane that is the pitts. 8)

TJ, No Pitts for me. Just the Clipper and the L18C. Now if I won the lottery. :lol:

Junk? Man look at all that treasure. Firman belly pod, Triumph motorcycle, looks like tome wing or fuselage rotisseries. 8)

Steve, I inherited the Triumph Bonneville 650 from my brother in '92. It was a frame and 5 boxes full of parts. 18 months later, I won Best in Class at the big British Bike Rallye at Lake of the Pines. It looks identical to the 1971 sales brochure foto (except for the broken turn signal light). Hoping that my Cub will turn out as nice. Got 2 Hondas over in the corner too. Found out that the Jap bikes and the Limey bikes don't mix well.

Steve Pierce said:
Junk? Man look at all that treasure. Firman belly pod, Triumph motorcycle, looks like tome wing or fuselage rotisseries. 8)

Firman Belly Pod? Is that what that is? I thought it was an old bathtub. :)

What's that old saying? One man's trash is another man's treasure? You should see some of the treasure in *my* hangar.

Maybe a topic for a new thread - SHOW US YOUR HANGAR...suspect most of us would be too embarrassed to do it.

That would make for a great topic. My problem is I have so much junk I can only find something when I am looking for something else. 8)

I'd like to see the Triumph if I ever get out your way Ron. Always thought I would like to have one.

Thanks Dana! No, that is a widely-held misconception that I am in charge of all weather. In my retirement, I have scaled down my duties some. Now I am in charge of good weather only.
:cluck

Ron came through Graham today. I missed him cause I was doing yard work at the house. Jason and Craig saw him and said Sam sold a real nice SC. Something was said about 178 mph ground speeds but I think Ron hadn't figured out that Dynon or something. :lol:

Sam, that was one sweeeeeet Cub. Wish it had come up for sale a few years from now. :wink:

Ron, nice running into you again.

Thanks Craig....Yea she is a very Swwwweeeeeeeaaaaaaaaatttttttttttt
Airplane...She will be missed but onto a new Chapter!
J-3 I leave to pick up June 5....
Where was Ron going tonight????

I have not heard from him????

Sam

8)

He was going to make a stop in Addison TX, then said he was headed towards Little Rock.

Back