• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

From Me to You - All PERSONAL Like

CloudDancer

L. Ronstadt - J. Ingram Duet
Hello loyal CloudDancer readers and new friends as well, and Welcome to my "Alaskan Chronicles".

Supercubbers and pilots from all over I hope will read and enjoy the stories contained herein. They are ALL true and really happened, mostly to me, but in some cases to my one-time roommate "Bounce", or another very close friend.

Those of you from the Great Land, or those whose time there encompassed the 1970's and 1980's may well recognize some of the characters in these stories, or at least THINK you do. I bet sometimes you're RIGHT and sometimes not. (I'LL never tell.)

In any case, I shall attempt in some small way, to fill the void left by the loss of our good friend Ernie, as there is NO WAY I could ever fill that great man's shoes. But I have pledged to Steve, the head honcho here at www.supercub.org that I will do my best to produce stories that are worthy of such a fine website and that will hopefully both hold your attention and entertain you.

Your critiques, comments, accolades, and RASPBERRIES as well, are always welcomed by me. Post 'em as a reply, as a new topic or just PM me.

It is TRULY an HONOR and a PRIVILEGE to be accorded my own discussion forum.

I thank each and everyone who reads this for spending part of your day with CloudDancer. I wish for you, that reading these stories provides some much needed stress relief in today's world, as writing them has for me.

If you are a newcomer to CloudDancer's Alaskan Chronicles may I suggest you start with "Hey Pilot! I Got to PEE!" It was my first literary attempt, and seems to have struck a chord for many.

ENJOY!!

Your Humble Scribe,

CloudDancer :anon

Cloud Dancer:

Open up the faucet! My boys and I love your stories, and find ourselves quoting them in conversation. The "Whose your name?" makes them laugh every time. Keep 'em coming!

Eric

Thanks

After ghosting on this forum for two years I finally took the time to register just to send this message. I grew up in Wasilla Ak from 1980 to 99 when I left to join the USAF. I have only had the privilege to grab the yoke in one air craft a C-172 flown out of St. Pete Fl by a good friend of mine but suffice it to say that I now have the bug. I am currently serving in Balad Iraq at the Trauma Hospital where I maintain our deployed X-ray department making sure our injured troops have the critical equipment available to get them home healthy to their families. Since I have been here I have missed the birth of my third son and have once again fallen under 50% time spent with my middle son. But I have managed to move my family back to the land I love. I will be ending my 8 year USAF career to return to "Gods country". I just wanted to let you know that your Chronicles have kept the flying bug growing in me as well as keeping excited about going back home. Which is good because it keeps my mind off the horror of not having a job when I get there with a family of 5 to feed. I hope that you are having good luck with the quiting smoking thing! I figure that I got a better chance leaving this world at the POI of a mortar shell than from my good friend the Marlboro Man though I will be quiting the day I set foot back in the home of the free.
Good luck and keep writing
-Lujon

LUJON -

Many people over the last two years or so have sent me private messages, EMails, or just posted their thanks and appreciation amidst the many return posts here at Chronicle Central. I have often felt overwhelmed by all the good fellowship, encouragement and thanks that has been sent my way.

After all this time for you to finally register just to make the post that you did.....man.....there just aren't words enough to express how good you have made me feel. I am truly, truly humbled by your kind words. I owe YOU and all your fellow soldiers, sailors, Marines and airmen so much in return for the sacrifice you and your families have made for us all.

When you get out of that.....mess over there, and you DO get back to "God's Country", let us know you are home safe and maybe one of the thousands of good SuperCub.org folks will be able to point you toward something that will provide for the needs of you and you family.

I know I speak on behalf of ALL Chronicle readers everywhere when I say........GodSpeed and Best Wishes sir.

CloudDancer

Just ordered the book!!!

Well I just saw on the outdoors directory forum that you had your book finished, a quick check on Amazon and thanks to their "1 click buy" button it is on its way. I can't wait to see all the stories in order but will miss the people chiming in looking forward to the next installment! I just reread this post and thought I would tell you and others that may have read this thread that I am home safe I have met my youngest son and got to watch him pull up and stand with a big smile on his face for the first time today! I found a job working for the Alaska Native Medical Center which is perfect as it gives me the opportunity to fulfill my desire to help people that need it most even though my military career is behind me. I haven't been able to get started down the flying path yet but I smile every time I see one of those slow birds lofting overhead with the over sized tires dangling underneath. Congrats on your success and thank you for giving me an escape if only for brief periods of time. Did I mention I am back in ALASKA :D
Take care
Jon

Hiya LUJON !! - :howdy

HOORAY! :cheers Your family's prayers and many others I'm sure have been answered with your safe return. I can't think of any two posts from one individual which have made ME so humbly proud (if that's not an oxymoron) and outright HAPPY :p :Gupsidown: to have spent my time writing here at SuperCub.org.

May God Bless you and your "growing" family richly. All I and your fellow Americans, Alaskan or not have to offer is our heartfelt thanks for your service, and the sacrifices your family endured.

Welcome....WELCOME Home. Merry Christmas and God Bless.

CloudDancer :anon

Cloudy, A copy of you book has arrived in Germany. I will be dipping into it tonight on a train ride down to Munich from Frankfurt to start work this week at the Airline Reservations (Amadeus) outfit that I contract for.

The Alaskan Chronicles is officially worldwide.

Take Care

Tony

Hiya' islandmonkey - :howdy

Thanks for the official notification! I am SO glad it got there intact and in a timely fashion. So. CloudDancer Chronicles are now know to be in or on the way to the following countries;

Germany, Canada, Australia and Sweden. Geeeez. I'm just like ABC's Wide World of Sports.....(trumpets flourish..."Spanning the globe.... to bring YOU the BEST in aviation comedy reading....this IS Alaskan Chronicles DISTribution! With our host.....CLOUDDancer!"

We'll leave out the parts about the "thrill of victory and the agony of defeat" as I like to leave stories about my love life for the Chronicles.... :p

Cloud(shelovesmeshelovesmenot)Dancer :anon

Hiya Cloudy,

I brought your books up to work with me and now, thanks to our great north slope weather that you are so familiar with, I am stuck in the office during a good phase II blow laughing hystericaly and getting some really wierd looks from my co-workers. The books will be done by days end if this weather holds out for me. Reading the books is way better than going to the gym and my gut is getting a helluva work out!

Leni

Leni -

Yer discriminating taste in avaition literature and kind comments are tributes to your intelligence and graciousness.

Another GREAT use for CloudDancer's Alaskan Chronicles (the original and Vol. II anywayz....). READING both books substitute enough good belly laughs to replace two days worth of ab crunches, resulting in significant weight loss.(*)

Cloud(FLEX!)Dancer :anon

(*) Disclaimer. CAUTION! Check with your Doctor before reading to verify that your heart is healthy enuff for repeated bouts of laughter. Note. Side effects MAY include, but are not limited to; loss of bladder control, tummy aches, and facial muscles permantly frozen in smiley face.

Cloudy - this is just like P.G. Wodehouse when he wrote, "The World of Mr. Mulliner"

Pointedly warning that one needed to consult a physician if of weak constitution and to only read in small doses at a time. :D

Back