• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Changing a P.A. 18 A model cub to a turtle top model- help!

teeweed

GONE WEST
Hempstead, Texas
I am trying to find out what has to be done to make the change from an A model to a turtle back. The fuselage is uncovered so now would be a great time to do it. I know I need the arches, but I am not sure what else. There is a big square box opening at the top where the hopper door was located, this area seems to be too fat.... like the top longerons need to be moved in to narrow the fuselage, could be just my imagination. also in this A model there is no wish-bone tubing support coming down overhead where the passenger sits. I quess the hopper tank took the place of that and gave the fuselage the support it needed. Thanks for any info. Mark

difraudman.....thanks ..nice how your cub turned out! I had no idea how much it would take to change an A to turtle back. Thinking the arches would be the main change I had no idea about a sub structure change. I need to do more home work on this whole idea. Thanks Mark

Lots of used fuselages out there from guys who are replacing them with Airframes or Univair fuselages. Unless you get free welding services . . .

If anyone has a used P.A. 18 fuselage that is in great shape call me 1-979-826-3277 or e-mail me, or post me here. Thanks Mark

Back