• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Cub Flyer Beer Poll

Alex's winter blues beer poll.

• Like Alex and his dog, I too drink premium beer only.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will drink any beer I can afford.

• I pretend I don't drink beer, so can't anwer now, but hold a couple for me.

• Total voters
How did that old song go? "On tap, in the can, or in the bottle, Bartender bring me some beer"

Leinenkugels I still remember how to spell it.

I tell people that I met my wife when she was working at a strip bar.. Really, I met her walking through Sam's Club and she was wearing a UW Eau Claire sweatshirt. I kept calling her but she wouldn't go out with me.
( Must have heard the rumors) As a last ditch effort I flew back to Wisconsin and picked up a case of Leinenkugels and Point beer and had them delivered to her office. It worked. We decorate our Christmas tree with Leinenkugel and Point cans (empty)

Dave

I like most any beer with flavor and color, but by far the "Official Super Cub Beer" is New Belgium's Fat Tire!!! :cheers

Well, I just came from drinking very fine beer at someone else's expense. This included a very nice dinner at their expense. The company was great, the food was good, and the beer, was good enough that I don't remember what it was called....

sj

Beer survey

Alex,

You have a great brewery just minutes from your front door. The Homer Brewery has excellent beer. My favorite is the Red Knot Scottish Ale. Their China Poot Ale is also very good, similar to a Guiness. When I get my Champ up and flying I will have to make a trip down on a beer run.

Scott

I have consumed all of their beers. While I may have put them in a poem
(Yellow Cub versus the Volcano) I personally do not like their beer.
Any of it.

My dad is a big "Red Knot" fan as is my oldest son. When he is not busy busting my truck or finding socially unacceptable women on the internet. Son that is. Academy Officer... go figure.

The youngest Son (helo type wrench, in Iraq right now) would drink swamp water if you told him that some Dos Equis had once been spilled there. He picks better gals too.

Alex:

My younger son is headed for Iraq in a few weeks. He buys and drinks Bud Light. I've tried hard to educate him but my fatherly advice falls on deaf ears. It probably started when he was a starving college student. I s'pose he's in for a long dry spell in a Muslim country, eh?

He'll be one of the guys that calls for the helo (and fixed-wing) gunships to haul ass in to blast the bad guys off the planet. Before he goes over, he has to go back to Ft. Sill, OK for close air support school; about two weeks. He's a Forward Observer in the Arty, but hasn't had a lot of air-support stuff.

My older son was a heavy (as in 300+ pounds, even) drinker in college but has since quit entirely. It's funny how things turn out. Perhaps a family has a lot to do with it...

By the way, I've tried Dos Equis and was no impressed. What was good was the sampler at the Valley Forge Brewery in (or near) Malvern, PA.

Jon B.

ps: Steve - what will we be drinking at New Holstein this year? Besides Wilbur's margaritas, that is.

Pearl...Lonestar...Shiner...National beers of Texas. I'm partial to Dos XX's and lime,when I'm huntin south of the border.

Fun question Alex!

The best beer in the world at this time is Carlsberg, of course (have to say that for patriotic reasons).

However, a couple of summers ago we had some Alaskan Red Ale (I think it was called) in Winthrop, WA. That was really good beer! A shame we can't buy it in this country.

Bent

Jon B. said:
By the way, I've tried Dos Equis and was no impressed. quote]

But was it the Amber at 55 degrees? If you drink the Green, at freezing temperature, you might as well be drinking Coors Light!
:cry:
Get that, Murph?

Alaskan Amber, Full Sail Amber, Deschutes, Dos Equis Dark, Guiness Draught and when I am on a diet, Bud Select. ;)

piperpub.jpg

First Friday every month the South Swedish Vintage Flying Club gathers at the Bishops Arms in Lund for the Piper Pub. You're all very welcome to join if you happen to visit!!!

Right now I prefer Spitfire and London Pride but a Gambrinus, Bombardier or Kilkenny is that bad either...

/Mattias

Sam Smith makes some mighty tasty suds over there at the Tadcaster brewery; I like the Oatmeal Stout and the Nut Brown Ale (which my favorite girlfriend has dubbed "Butt Drowned Ale"). It costs too damn much, though.

I recently discovered malt extract brewing and have been making my own. It's really amazing how good it tastes and how easy it is. The hardest part is getting (and keeping) everything clean. Bottling is a pain in the rear, but it's a good way to spend a stormy evening. That, and when you're done, you have five or six gallons of tasty beer that you need help consuming before it reaches it's expiration date!

:cheers

BEER

In 1967 During the VietNam war, as new recruit. I seen several things of interest. A can of Coke was 5 cents but what was more suprising was the old lifers were often passed out at the table with 15 or more cans of beer called BLACK LABEL It was free ! So even free to a young recruit it was bad brew. My best beer is one thats in a Ice Cold glass on a hot day, the first one Just dissapears.

Bill

BAck in the 1970s they had an Alaskan beer that was not so great. Prinze Brau or something like that.
They went belly up real fast. I wish I would not have drank the case I took to college. I bet it would be worth a fortune as a collector item.

Somewhere around here I have an unopened Royal Crown cola bottle, The old twisted glass. I have had it in a parts box for 30 years.

beer poll

Life is too short to drink cheap beer!!
american macro beer, ie: bud, coors, miller, bought only at gunppoint.
consumed only if someone w/out taste else is buying.
all these responses reminds one that there is too many good beers out there to draught away at only the the tasteless macro beers.
any body brewing their own?
oh yeah cheap beer does have a purpose,
"beer can chicken".

in no particular order
alaskan amber,
newbelgium, sunnyside wheat
lost coast, great white
deschutes brewery,mirrorpond ale

I'm sorta with Cubcouper on Fat Tire (heck, I brought a case from the brewery to share at Johnson Crick, and wound up takin' some o' it back; what's wrong wit' you guys, eh? Messed up my W&B on the homebound trip), although I prefer O'Dells's 90 Shilling.

As one 'cubber has pointed out, "Coors Lite is the first successful attempt at diluting water...."

Here's too ya'. cubscout

moneyburner said:
Sam Smith makes some mighty tasty suds over there at the Tadcaster brewery; I like the Oatmeal Stout and the Nut Brown Ale (which my favorite girlfriend has dubbed "Butt Drowned Ale"). It costs too damn much, though
I recently discovered malt extract brewing and have been making my own. It's really amazing how good it tastes and how easy it is. The hardest part is getting (and keeping) everything clean. Bottling is a pain in the rear, but it's a good way to spend a stormy evening. That, and when you're done, you have five or six gallons of tasty beer that you need help consuming before it reaches it's expiration date!

dstr writes:
well there's always kegging. convienient but spendy.
your girlfriends " "equates to BDA ,humm, interesting.
amazing how flattering your friends can be about your brewing expertise, when it comes to helping dispense w/ that batch of home brew huh(LOL)
me, i'm still bottling. got a bacterial in last batch. still scratching my head as to source. rather see a church burn than pour out a batch (sob). :drinking:
:cheers

guess i need some dual on making this work right.

dstr59 said:
moneyburner said:
I like the Oatmeal Stout and the Nut Brown Ale (which my favorite girlfriend has dubbed "Butt Drowned Ale").

She calls it that because she tipped over while landing the canoe and sat in the creek. She claims that the fault lay squarely on me since she doesn't drink. I quoted Admiralty Law stating that she was the Captain, since I wasn't aboard at the time, but conceded that I may share a small amount of blame. My duty at the time of the incident was to enhance the vessel's natural, well-known lack of transverse stability by latching onto it while she disembarked. I considered the task and and applied suitable bracing force and felt that I could handle the task easily with one hand, thus maintaining my grasp of the above-mentioned Butt Drowned Ale. But, I misjudged metacenters, bouyancy, righting moments and the like, and then she simply displayed an amazing lack of balance and grace while standing up. Who stands up in a canoe? Fortunately, no beer spillage occured but some high-speed taxiing through the campsite was observed by several bystanders . . . naturally, I'm faster, and escaped serious injury.

The first thing you need to do is buy a Joe Lucas fridge, or just unplug a regular one.

IMHO the best beer, is Ale, and the best of these come from the following UK breweries:

Adnams
Sheperds Neam
Caledonian
Fullers
Courage
Ruddles
Theakstones
Timothy Taylors
Actually any of the real ale brewers are a safe bet.

I seem to remember from visits to the US some Sam Adams and Anchor Steam being rather nice, and I did have a heavy sesion with Killians Red, but I can't remember much about it. All of the micro brewery stuff I've tried in the US have been excellent.

Some cheap and nasty beers are still way better than the likes of Bud, which I really don't like.

I'll go for the Rolling Rock & The Lienenkugels.. But I'll drink Shlitz if its free. As for the FAT TIRE....It's probably the best I've had in a long time... Too Bad theyr'e talking about Fat "Bicycle" Tires.....

Back