• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Smith Cub Sold

Rv8tor

Gig Harbor, WA
I went to the Smith cub website and it says.

Smith Aviation Sells Assets to Turbine Cubs of Wyoming, LLC

I hope this is a good thing? I was looking into purchasing a Tundra Boss.

I guess time will tell.

Gene

Sale of Smith Aviation

I have a Smith Cub kit on order and got a call last week from the new owner, Bruce Reed of Turbine Cubs of Wyoming. He called to discuss the delivery schedule of my kit and pass along some info. regarding the company's plans. He sounds like a great guy with a strong comittment to supporting and inproving the products. He did not specifically mention the Tundra Boss. He did say that they are working toward offering better assembly manuals and completion kits that contain all of the misc. materials and parts to finish the kits saving the builder lots of time and frustration. More info is available on their web-site (turbinecubs.com).

Mark McClellen

I think this move is going to benefit everybody and give Nick and Nick Jr. some well deserved rest and reward. It's what needed to happen for the company to keep growing as fast as it has been.

Brad

Link for the lazy: www.turbinecubs.com

N507TC_047.thumb.jpg

Innodyn Not Dead

According to Bruce Reed of Turbine Cubs of Wyoming the Innodyn turbine is far from dead. They are 100 % behind the engine and will be offering them with firewall-forward installation packages. He gave me some numbers regarding customer deliveries and dates but I don't remember the specifics. They flew theirs about a month ago with a new composite four-blade prop that he says offers great promise once the engine's FADEC system is dialed in properly. A recently installed new dyno at Innodyn should allow further refinement. New, in-house balancing equip. is also being installed. We are anxiously watching the process as we plan to use the turbine on our kit but realisticaly are a couple years away from needing an engine. By the way, I'd like to extend a sincere thanks to all of you who have been posting construction photos of your Smith kits. They have been invaluable as I continue my research prior to the delivery of my kit (wings next month, remainder in June).

Mark McClellen

Tundra boss

I talked to Nick Sr a couple of days ago and from what I understand the Smith's will still be building the Tundra boss themselves for a couple of months. They said I could take delivery of one in June of 2006. Pretty soon.

Mr. McClellen,

A couple of questions, if I may:

1) When did you order your kit, i.e., what's their delivery schedule look like?
2) Will the information on the kits that the Smith's have had on their site be pretty much the same for Turbine Cub (TC)?

Thanks for your report on the new owners' efforts, it'll help in the decision process!

Smith Kit Deliveries

I ordered my Smith Cub kit last July and was told by Nick Sr. that delivery would likely be in Sept. of 2006. Shortly after he called to say that a customer with a June 2006 slot needed his deposit back, so we were able to pay him directly and assume his position. The Smiths are continuing to complete the kit orders that they had taken but Turbine Cubs has a few tack welded Smith fuselages that they are finishing to help speed up the back-orders. I'm unsure as to delivery times for future orders. As far as I know, the Turbine Cubs kit specs and components will be the same as described on the Smith web site.

Mark McClellen

PA-14

Does anyone know... Is the Smith PA-12/14 Super Cruiser kit a 3 seat like the 12, or a 4 seater like the 14??? I just sent an email to TCOW thought you guys would know too. Thanks.

Back