• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

O-320 options

harneymaki

Esko, Minnesota
Hello all. This came up in conversation today. The PA-18 type certificate reads

111. Engines
A. Models PA-18 "150", PA-18S "150" and PA-18AS "150"
(1) Lycoming O-320
(2) Lycoming O-320-A2A
(3) Lycoming O-320-A2B

What are the other O-320's you can install in a Super Cub with or without a STC?

Thanks

Goto cub crafters web site they list the ones you can use, try and stay conical if you can. just my opinion

Matt

Look at the type certificate for the O-320. Tells you the difference in the models. Some are easily converted.

Matt,
Why would you "try and stay conical"? I understand that the dynafocal mount is suppose to dampen vibration a lot especially in the O360's. If it dampens it in the 320's, I think this would be a plus as well. I know the dynafocal mount is a little heavier and the room is tight on an 18. I'm still trying to decide which for my experimental, just curious for more info and opinions.
Thanks, J

Weight I guess, and the A2b, B2b, B3b,etc in the narrow deck config. seem to be fairly plentiful, and they themselves are lighter.

Matt

The conical mount is easier to obtain and easier to deal with as far as installation.... As for narrow decks being lighter and more plentiful? I guess they would be even more plentiful if I had one.... They have absolutely no use to me.... Both my cub and my citabria have wide decks.... Thank goodness!

Back