Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: South Dakota Winters

Post Thanks / Like

South Dakota Winters

Sooo, it seems there was this crusty old ag pilot who sprayed and farmed from his place in the bottomlands east of Yankton.

Our hero was clearing about six inches of snow from in front of his hangar, so he could go fly the Supercub, when a car drives up with "13" county Nebraska license plates. This is cause for great suspicion in that part of Sow'Dakota.

Feller gets out ands sez "I'm the Cedar County, N'braska County Assessor. We've learned that, due to an improperly interpreted meander in the Misery River in 1889, when Sow' Dakota achieved statehood, your place is actually in N'braska. And oh, here's a bill for back taxes.

Our crusty old pilot smiled broadly, and let out a whoop of joy, and thanked the visitor profusely. The assessor says, "I don't understand sir."

Our hero says "This is the best news in years: Now I won't have to put up with them Sow'Dakota winters any more!

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year to all, especially our South Dakota Friends.

Thanks. cubscout

Post Thanks / Like
    HA!
    "Often Mistaken, but Never in Doubt"
    ------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Dana,

If Steve can't do any better than that, I want my money back....!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Processing the calendar orders has evidently driven Steve out of his mind.
    Speedo

Post Thanks / Like
    Aw heck, fellers, give Steve a break. Steve and Dana have done yeoman duty the last couple weeks. Ya' really oughta be pickin' on the Cedar County Assessor.

Wink, nudge

Thanks. Cubscout

Post Thanks / Like
    In response to a couple of private enquiries, don't get me started on how N'braska didn't notice the loss of some prime taxable bottomland to Sow Dakota.

That's a FOUR beer story, told right, so guess we'll have to hold off until the next Superclub Flyin.