• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

P/N 40721-00 Stabilizer Adjust Cable Rubbing Block

BES

Esbjerg, Denmark
Can anyone tell me what this block (stabilizer trim cable circuit) is made of? Univair asks $25.00 for one. If it is just a wooden or rubber block it must be possible to make one, or?? Does anyone have a photo of one??

Bent

I would probably make this out of HDPE and make it as small and light as possible.
40721JPG.JPG

Go to your Wicks aircraft catalog and look under phenolic sheet, postage will be your only expense. doug

Bent, I might still have a sheet of phenolic at the hanger. If you want I will check tomorrow and I can send you a piece big enough to make the part.

I make 'em out of 1/4" UHMWPE (ultra high molecular weight poly ethylene)

...but I'm gonna start making them out of HDPE (high density polyethylene) to save a bit of weight. :wink:

...just like Behindprops does :D .

Dave Calkins said:
I make 'em out of 1/4" UHMWPE (ultra high molecular weight poly ethylene)

...but I'm gonna start making them out of HDPE (high density polyethylene) to save a bit of weight. :wink:

...just like Behindprops does :D .

such a pain in the a$$ :lol:

Doesn't atlee use a HDPE rub strip on his ext baggage mod where the trim cable rubs?

Steve, thank you for your kind offer. However it would be quite a bit of postage... I think I'll try some of the UHMWPE.

Thanks for all the prompt and very useful info.

Bent

Back