• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Scags for Landes 2500

Ken Gabel

Wasilla AK
What is the best way to get directional control scags on a set of Landes 2500's? How to attach? They also need cables replaced do I need to but them from Landes?

KG

Airglas's phone number is 907-2441450

I build up my own rigging when using Atlee's springs, but was curious, so I spoke with Wes a couple of days ago pricing rigging for some 2500's.

$310 for the 3" extended. I assumed this includes the bungees.

The stock ski uses a type of pop rivet with the head on top of the ski and the tail sucked up into the metal skeg for skeg retention.

Lots of guys use countersunk aircraft screws and nylock nuts, but most of them are adding 1/4" UHMW. Both of these add weight to the ski.

Call Landes, They'd answer any questions you have.

Cheers, DAVE

PS Stock Airglas skis also have an AN4 bolt up through each skeg about even, just slightly aft actually, of the axle centerline in the pedestal.

These bolt heads riding on the ice do a nice job of providing drag on glare ice. It's enough drag that an idling engine won't move the airplane. It will not, howeve, act as a brake.

Dave,

I have that bolt in place. The pop rivet is what I expected because of the way the fiberglass is constructed along the centerline but it seems less than strong enough. I think they are set now for standard gear but I have a set of 6" extended that I could use. Will I need to replace the bungees and cables for the 6"?

KG

Oh yes! You definitely need different rigging if you will be running 6" gear. You knew that already.

If you need to get rid of that 6" gear, let me know. I can find you a buyer.

Landes have rigging for stock length and 3" extended, I'm not sure if they have 6", but I doubt it.

I've never had any problems with the rivets they use for the skegs.

I think some guys have gone with plastic skegs instead of the steel ones. I will next time I change them out.......won't stick to the snow like steel can in some conditions.

DAVE

Back