• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Headed north... ideas for Homer?

CubCouper

Sheridan WY
I'm headed for the Great Land on Saturday, gonna spend a little time in Kirk Ellis' cub enroute to sheep camp. But I'm getting up there a few days early and was thinking about a quick trip down to Homer for a halibut trip.

Does anyone have any recomendations (for or against) any particular operations there? Or suggestions on a room?

Also, I can't remember the name of the SC.org'r that I met up there during the airmen showin May -- we went to Chilkoot Charlie's around 3 but the scotch with Gunny had erased that part of my brain. Anyway, I'm in ANC Sat evening, then Homer on Sun evening, Mon ??? before heading for Nabesna... I would share (well, maybe not "share") an adult beverage if anyone were so inclined!!

Well, you got one thing right - this IS the GREAT LAND!

Alex, can you answer this fellows questions?

Alaska

Silver Fox charters is pretty reliable in Homer for Halibut. I just sold my Dad's house in Homer, so don't have room down there. I will be catching BIG rainbows on the upper Kenai River (Cooper Landing to Jims Landing) tommorrow through Saturday. If you email me tonight, I can give you my cell and maybe give you some other inside scoop.

Will be in 79H on Sunday in search of fish too.

I could have been in on that Scotch deal in May as well, I just don't remember.

Back