• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Kustatan Silvers

Scooter7779h

PATRON
Anchorage, Alaska
Anybody been over yet to catch Silvers at the Kustatan or McArthur River?

Looking for a fishing report if you have!!!!!!!!

Thanks

I flew over the Kustatan strip last Sunday. No one was fishing, but Natron Air from Soldotna was there in his new GA-8 Airvan (sort of Caravan knockoff) and was thoughtfully mowing the strip!! The silvers should be in soon!

Bruce

Scooter

Bud was there four days ago and caught a few it took him all day. The next day things slowed down. I flew over it the other day returning from polly creek, the report was really slow fishing. I would suspect they should be showing up in good numbers this next week.

Let me know how you did if you get over there fishing.

Cub_Driver

Why would you go fishing in a cub in a place that an Airvan can land? Doesn't that defeat the purpose? :lol:

quietly fishing.....RB 8)

Red Baron.... there are other places in the area to fish too... only cub-able. Just looking for a read on the run status.

Quietly fishing here too (just got back from catching a silver on the flyrod in Anchorage's Campbell Creek with no people in sight.. legally too).

Tried to get in this morning at 6am but too much fog down that way, gave it another shot about 11am, got through. Landed in the river just off the pond there. Got my limit, fished my proxy and got out by 12:30. Plenty of fish.

kuskatan Silvers

flew over there to the Kuskatan, from here in Western Idaho, acouple of weeks ago. Caught just a couple of silvers in two hours. They were pretty small, maybe 8#. Are the fish you are catching now any larger??? If so, have the day off tomorrow and might have to crank up the cub and go over there agian. (I have a special warp drive in my cub.)

Don

It sounds like there is a pretty decent run of silvers up the Nushagak River this year. Spoke with several guys that fished this weekend who had good luck. Should be quite a few gravel bars to land on. I'm hoping to go up there on floats after the next good blow moves some fish in from the bay.

I fished on the Muklung River (small river NE of Dillingham) this weekend and got a few nice, bright silvers.

Fishing should be good on the Togiak River. Those silvers run pretty large, and there's lots of good gravel bars along the river. If you go out there, be careful you don't fall off the edge of the earth.

Jim

If you are fishing the Kustatan, be careful.
Last week, 3 planes on final approach to the usual strip. One of the Charter guys had to make a go around. He was unhappy. It cost him money.

Usual Strip

What's the "usual" strip there? there are two down below the pond that are being used this year, one up above the pond and then there is the slough where all the turbo otters are going in and out of. What's the deal this year? Three otter loads at 7am? dump all those guys in, then come back about 1 and pick them up, dropping off the next batch? At least they all seem to be out by 6 or 7pm. Then ya got the guy with the Beaver bringing people in and out of the pond. Same deal. If you don't get there before those guys the banks get kind of crowded. I don't bother with any of that nonsense, just land in the river off the end of the pond there, pull up to the end of the island. Walk up 100 yards where the island bends around and you're in a good hole. if you don't have you limit in 30 minutes you're doing something wrong. Besides, landing in the pond "stinks".

Back