Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey Pilot! I gotta' PEE!

Post Thanks / Like
    You did not make that up. You've been there/done that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure enjoyed the story!

When do we tune in for the next episode of our hero's flying adventures?

sj
    "Often Mistaken, but Never in Doubt"
    ------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    CloudDancer: I'm still laughing. Please start another!! Thank you, Jerry

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, glad you folks liked it. I purely warms the cockles o' my heart knowing I can give ya' a little smile or two. But unfortunately this does not pay for my vices. Therefore, as I am on reverse for the next few days and suspect (S)crew scheduling is most likely to call....amazingly enough, my company actually expects me to show UP on a regular basis to put in maximum effort for what's LEFT of my pay and what we now (laughingly) refer to as our "benefits" package. (sigh)

Oh, I suppose I could make SOME effort to curtail spending on Bacardi, Blackjack and Blondes; but at this late point in life, other than a good BM in the morning....what else is there for enjoyment?? At LEAST I finally weaned myself offa' tittie bars (I think). THAT was pretty easy though, I mean, when ya' think about it. Isn't it kinda' like a starving man standing outside a Ruth's Chris SteakHouse, nose pressed againt the window, watching some have a really great meal. How's THAT help anything??

Sorry. Got WAY of track here. But HEY....

Stay tuned for our befuddled hero's next adventure "Some days You Get the Bear 'n SOME Days....." Coming soon to a webboard near you....

Tailwinds, my new Friends

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still laughing, you should publish this stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry about the slow reply to your final chapter. I got up to cook a pizza during one of the intermissions and missed your grand finale.
    ps: Ted Turner ownes some land here in Gallatin county and I might send him your rough draft.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudDancer
    See you're up in Nome there CubKid. Next time your down at the Board of Trade or the Bering Sea Saloon, knock one back for me. Couple of the finest bars I ever passed out in.
    They truely are fine bars! 'specially the Board of Trade...our principle tourist attraction and out biggest money maker in Nome. And the only reason why my college buds bother coming out here. I am actually down there quite often with the ambulance, dragging people out after getting the snot kicked out of them...

Musta been great flying out of OTZ back in the day. Were they really bad at basketball then too? (I won't mention their wrestling team, they embarassed us every year when I was in school)

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Great story, CloudDancer! I enjoyed every word - thanks!

Gerald, some day you're going to have to write your memoirs. I bet you've got some real doozies to tell, too.

Anne.
    Baloney is still baloney, no matter how thin you slice it.

Post Thanks / Like
    WHO is GERALD??? Glad you liked it AnnesToy. Starting on Somedays YOu get the bear right now. Hope you like it too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gerald, aka GDafoe, is a really interesting guy (and way too modest). He's one of the original members here, but before that flew in S. America for many years (I don't know how many). At New Holstein the first year, we tried to get him to write down his stories, but haven't been successful so far.

I was going to fly home with him from Wisconsin to Michigan, but he was going direct over Lake Michigan (which scares me no end). He said after flying over the Amazon jungles, Lake Michigan was no big deal. I got home a few hours after he did, flying around the lake.

Anne.
    Baloney is still baloney, no matter how thin you slice it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Yeah. I had to go backwards a little bit in this thread to find his post.

Sorry, I thought you were calling ME Gerald. Of course, that's far from the worst thing you COULD call me. Not to mention seems Gerald is quite the kindred spirit and I have NO doubt his adventure stories of jungle flying would certainly be every bit the equal or better of my Arctic stuff.

Lions 'n tigers 'n bears .....oh, MY!!

Cheers to you BOTH!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I hadda go back and re-read this one again.. it reminded me of an event last summer..

On the way the airport I stopped by the Fairway Market, Skagway's only food store to pick up something to drink. The day was warm (darn near 70 degrees) and some iced tea would really hit the spot on my 3PM scheduled run to Juneau.
    My passengers awaited my arrival and we quickly loaded their bags and bodies into the airplane. We had a full house (5 PAX) so there was not much wiggle room. A gentleman sat behind me and the rest of the passengers were ladies. The male was a local and could often be found at Moe's Frontier Bar. The ladies were tourists and were looking forward to a little Alaska adventure. They would soon have a story to tell the folks back home. We launched and endured the usual wind-induced turbulence through the 12 mile Tia Inlet and emerged into the Lynn Canal for the 45 minute flight to Alaska's state capitol.
    Once out of the bumps, it was time to open my bottle of Lipton's Best and have a few sips. MMMMM.. that was tasty..
    A I replaced the cap on the empty bottle, the male passenger behind me tapped me on the shoulder and asked "Hey man, are you finished with that?"
    "Sure" I replied, thinking he probably wanted to use it as a spit cup for his chew. Well, Chewey had other ideas. That familiar rancid smell wafted through the cabin. I confirmed my suspicions by glancing at the lady sitting in the right center seat. She was leaning away from the male as far as she could and covering her eyes. YUP.. sure enough.. He then proceeded to replace the cap on the bottle and handed it to me. I politely declined his offer, suggesting that he retain custody until we reached our destination.
    I'm sure that the ladies are still talking about that flight.

Post Thanks / Like
    We-e-e-ell.....That's whatcha' call gettin' to see the REAL Alaska!!

Not the sterilized (viewed from the tinted window of your GreyLine Motor Coach) version.

I mean....I bet it's not like he weren't willin' ta' SHARE if she NEEDED It!!

CD

Post Thanks / Like
    Reposition Bump

Post Thanks / Like
    Neat story!

Reminds me of a similar situation I had when dealing with some smugglers in the mountains of Mexico.

Keep up the good work !

Post Thanks / Like

Reminds me of a similar situation I had when dealing with some smugglers in the mountains of Mexico.
    OK.... now, can we hear "The Rest Of The Story???" PLEEEEEZE!!

Lowrider
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know this is kinda old but thought I'd throw a short bit of my Part 135 207 experience flying from ANC to HOM at ~50' AGL (or ACI... Above Cook Inlet) and had to climb to land at HOM...same story but my feet were warm because I tinkled in my boot a couple times. Did the same thing in a 185 a time or two...sure miss those good ole days!!

The end!

Post Thanks / Like
    The funny part its not the weather . weather like this is a piece of cake. They sould have been just as scared on a clear day . Its the fact they did this with one engine. I have flown like this for years BUT I have two engines,going down at night is not good

Post Thanks / Like
    540 or 520 on that sled?

Post Thanks / Like
    A sled would have a 520..

Post Thanks / Like
    Authors use some sort of "artistic latitude" or such to keep some kind of deniability.
    "...We're fast enough to get there, But slow enough to see..."
    Fron the song "Barometer Soup". By Jimmy Buffett

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Cloudancer! Great read! The N number on that plane didn't fair so well in 1999???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph206 View Post
    Hey Cloudancer! Great read! The N number on that plane didn't fair so well in 1999???
    Cloudy, that was great, Like a lot of us your story's bring memory's back to all of us. I had to buy one of those little red Johnny Pee bottles, I drink a lot of coffee and it goes right through me. So I drink a couple pots of coffee and head out in my cub, not long after I had to go bad. Well no instructons came with this little pee jug, the only way I could use it is in a dive. After reading your funny story, I might invest is some rubber boots. Thanks Cloudy, think I will go buy one of your books.

Bill