• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Might get DSL next week!!

Alex Clark

Life Long Alaskan
I am so giddy with anticipation.
This is almost like the time we got electricity on the homestead.
Well at least as good as when they got rid of the 4 house party line we used to be on....

They still have to play in the junction box but this might actiually work.....

Alex,

It is getting easier and easier. When we were up at Randy Wolter's farm in South Dakota, these farms in the middle of nowhere had DSL. They can now extend the CO's to make it happen I guess. It used to be you had to be within 13,000 feet of the CO (central office), Randy was probably 13,000,000 feet from it so I am not sure how they pull it off.

Godd luck!

sj

We got DSL over the holidays at my kids insistence. Also hooked up a wireless network so we can all be on at the same time. Everything works great and no more phone line tieup. Problem is now everything is so fast I run out of things to do. I find myself sitting here staring at the screen wondering where to go next. I feel like the guy on the commercials that got to end of the internet.
All kidding aside it is great, couldn't imagine having to go back to dail up.

Bob D.

We just added Cable Broadband this past weeks along with the wireless network. The speed and reliability is amazing compared to dial-up. My favorite is being able to view the NWS radar loops!

Jake
:lol:

Jacob Papp said:
We just added Cable Broadband this past weeks along with the wireless network. The speed and reliability is amazing compared to dial-up. My favorite is being able to view the NWS radar loops!

Jake
:lol:

Jake, is that a home? Can your dad handle the sheer speed of it?

sj

haha... he spent hours last night reading posts and looking at pictures on SuperCub.org... also I have found it very useful when doing on-line FAA written test practice.

Jake

Well it worked. Now I had to change a few things on my account here.
They also have my web site up. But the old web site guys also have it since they will not give me an answer about transferring my domain name.

Two years ago I could not spell domain name , or at leats know what the heck it was...

xx

Back