Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: A Scale Super Cub Model with welded fuselage

Post Thanks / Like

A Scale Super Cub Model with welded fuselage

This Super Cub model won six awards at the Top Gun model contest in Florida... check out the unbelievable detail.

http://www.upperspace.com/newsletter...p?printme=true

Post Thanks / Like
    There are a couple of additional shots of it in the ModelCAD gallery too.

Post Thanks / Like
    We met Mr. Mears at Oshkosh (2004). He approached us to use our (Warren Aircraft LLC) Super Cub N4050Z (winner outstanding PA-18 ) for his next competition R/C plane. He has sent us several pictures of his delicate work. It is amazing! Working brakes and everything.

Post Thanks / Like
    I exchanged emails with Graeme today... he has quite a resume of accomplishments and awards. He also mentioned the latest Super Cub project which will be an exact replica of N4050Z.
    Graeme Mears ~ I saw a beautiful restoration (rebuild) done by Warren Aircraft LLC....it won a prize. I have decided to replicate this one N4050Z. I liked it because it was a little "different, with "Cubcrafters" cowl, vortex generators, sub-fin and luggage door on the side. It is white with red markings. The Warren brothers have been very helpfull with any info I have needed and are excited about me "modelling" their aircraft.

I have put about 200 hrs into this new project. The right wing is ready for covering and the left wing about 40 hours away. So I have interesting documentation pictures of this project.
    In the coming days Graeme said he will send several photos and descriptions of both projects. I will post them as soon as they are received.