• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Atlee Dodge lift rings

WindOnHisNose

BENEFACTOR
Lino Lakes MN (MY18)
Put on Atlee's lift rings, to make it easier to lift up the cub for putting on skis, changing bungees, etc. I have been told that I need to fabricate some sort of bar to go between the lift rings, with a center attach point to connect to a lift. Anyone have ideas on what to make this out of??? Thanks.

rsc

I built a "lift bridal" out of a piece of 2" square tubing and some chain. I cut holes in the tubing big enough to fit 5/16" chain links through. These holes are spaced apart the same distance as the lift ears. Then I took a 4' length of 5/16" chain and dropped it through the holes so it stuck out the bottom of the tube about 8" and tack welded it there. I added a couple of small shackles to the chain stubs that would fit the lift ears. The chain at the top forms an upside down V when lifting but the tube keeps the chain spread apart for a straight up lift on the ears. P.S. take a Cresent wrench and twist the ears so they are square to the airframe, they all seem to be twisted at an angle. Otherwise you will have to cut angled slots in your wing root fairings in order to fit. Straight slots are easier to work with. Crash

Back