• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

tire size

Fortysix12

RanchAero Grand Vista, Brooksville
Generally speaking, what is the most common tire size installed on the cub flown in the bush. The bush meaning off airport anywhere in the world.

My guess is that 8:50s are the most common, at least they are reasonable priced. I ran them on my cub for a long time, then went to the 26" Good Years, they are ok, a little stiff though, and hard to move the plane, so I just ordered 31" AK Bushwheels. The price is absolutely unbelievable, but in my mind I have written it off to self insurance.

Ron

Haven't been able to find this in the threads anywhere, so my apologies in advance it it has already been answered. What is the biggest tire one can install on a PA12 standard gear with clevelands without going to the weighing and flight testing for field approval. Looking for a bolt on without a lot of paper but still legal.

I would say the 29" or 30" tires would be the Alaskan Bush but otherwise I would have to agree with the 8:50's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haven't been able to find this in the threads anywhere, so my apologies in advance it it has already been answered. What is the biggest tire one can install on a PA12 standard gear with clevelands without going to the weighing and flight testing for field approval. Looking for a bolt on without a lot of paper but still legal.

The 31's are the largest that I know of...... untill the 35's are done

STC wise

Tell me more about the 35's. Are they going to mount on 6" wheels? If so count me in, that would be an ideal tire, I can't wait.

Back