• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Bushwheels

Redbaron180

Lopez Island WA
Hello Friends,
I need some advice.
I have decided to purchase some AK Bushweels. They will be used on my Super Cub most of the time, but I might use them on my C 180 for trips North. Bushwheel recommended their 29" for the 180, though the 31's are certified for it. I won't use them much on the 180, and think I'd rather have 31's for the Cub. Is there a big difference in flotation between the two? Thanks

Ron

Thanks for the note diggler, I'm just trying to figure out if there is much difference between the 29" and 31" in stump jumping performance. I like to go places that I shouldn't, and if the 31's will make the difference between breaking the plane and coming home, I want them. Ron

I've got 29" radials on my Ag model, run 'em at 8 PSI bang-on, and go everywhere the boys around here go with 31's. I am so gonna miss this girl when I sell her. Big pillows/marshmallows/sponges is what they are and they are more than big enough to look goofy. Personally, I'd go for whatever you think looks best since the price diff isn't much. Don't think you'd notice any difference in drag between the two sizes. Either way, they make the bird SOOOO much easier to handle on the ground on both T/O & landing, compared to 8.50's, and she's easier to push around on the ground too! Either size will save your bird someday, and they save on prop erosion as well as all the other off-strip advantages they give.
Doc.
:D

Just talked to Wup at Bushwheel again and decided to get the 31s.
Thanks for the info guys.

Ron

Back