• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Alaska airstrip/fence court case

duggram

ABQ, NM
A few weeks ago my part-time neighbor was telling me about an Anchorage court case where some one hit a fence while landing on a private airstrip. The pilot is suing the airstrip association. The case is on appeal.

I haven't seen the neighbor since and would like to know more. Has anyone else heard of this case?

I tried searching thru the Alaska appeal cases and found nothing. I did find the Alaska law (AS 09.65.093) that holds airstrip owners harmless from lawsuit, excepting for negligence. But I'm still interested in that case.

My neighbor and I own the land that the Chickaloon airstrip (northeast of Palmer) is built on and I'm real interested in how this case comes out.

Thank you,
Doug

Doug
Let me check around with some of my aviation friends. When I can get in touch with our old (years in service that is :wink: )safety officer, he just might know.

Sorry Doug, neither guy had the info you want but will do some checking tomarrow. Maybe they will get lucky.

I know I did at times......woops, sorry, different story. :wink:

Back