• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Trim cable rubbing on extended bagage compartment

palhal

Clovis, CA
I am putting one of Atlees bagage compartments in my 1951 SC 135 (the one that hangs on the cross bar) and the right trim cable that comes off the 4" trim wheel that makes a straight line to the 1" pulley on the diagonal tube adjacent to the opening of the bagage compartment hits the box hard about 1 1/2" deflection of the cable. I have the wrap around trim pulley with the spring loaded pulley on the right side in back. Mr Dodge has been gone and I cant seem to get an anwser on this problem. Can any one help? Palhal

I seem to remember this problem. Seems like there was a piece of teflon fastened to the extended baggage where it rubbed.

You're right Steve.........there was one, I think, rivited on the back corner.

That is correct BUT the cable just hits the teflon barely. His seems to be out of correct alinement or something.

Dodge baggage

I checked the area on the baggage I just removed and it shows two small grooves at the very back, right where the plastic strap is positioned.

Re: Dodge baggage

labdad32 said:
I checked the area on the baggage I just removed and it shows two small grooves at the very back, right where the plastic strap is positioned.
Did it put about a 1 1/2" deflection in the right trim cable when the box was installed?

Dodge Baggage

Good question, I don't remember. Sorry. When I framed the new extended baggage I welded in another set of 1" pulley brackets and trim indicator bracket rearward to keep the cables away from the new area.

Just getting done recovering one with dodges extended. Whoever installed it had it all cockeyed. After centering and setting fairly level the trim cables rubbed right on the teflon. I also added a piece of rubber hose on the rear flange of the compartment. This one was installed over 500 hours ago and was rubbig on the compartment not the teflon and hadnt caused any damage to speak of, the cable hadnt frayed yet.

Rick

Palhal
Looking at two cubs here, it appears that is normal. In the area of that corner, the lower cable sticks out toward the center of the airplane about 1 1/2 inches on an unaltered cub. on the Extended baggage cub, this cable is pushed over even with the top cable. Top cable lightly touches corner and bottom cable definitely touches corner.

S2D said:
Palhal
Looking at two cubs here, it appears that is normal. In the area of that corner, the lower cable sticks out toward the center of the airplane about 1 1/2 inches on an unaltered cub. on the Extended baggage cub, this cable is pushed over even with the top cable. Top cable lightly touches corner and bottom cable definitely touches corner.
Thanks everyone. I will just close my eyes and let the cable rub on the teflon strip.

Back