• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

I am headed to McGrath, Alaska for some aerial wolf hunting!

Torch

GONE WEST
Fairbanks, Alaska
I can't wait to do some aerial wolf hunting in McGrath. I went over to FSDO to get my external load permit so I can haul the bait. Woohoooo. I am ready to hunt.

meeses.jpg

And the moose looks so calm, it looks like he may have done this before..

funny pic, torch!

sj

R/C SC

Moose must have put him a bit overweight so the pilot had to stay behind.

Actually, I think I see him in the baggage compartment, reaching over the back seat for the stick due to the forward CG caused by the swing of the moose..

Mighty short skis too!

sj

Hope the moose has skis on too or after the landing they'll have to nickname it stump.

If the moose gets too far behind, he could cause a literal "moose stall"...

sj

Supercubber,

Maybe he is just gliding today, not using the engine.

sj

Wolf Hunting

I'm just glad we finally won one against the well financed outsiders that try to run our state from 3,000 miles away. Crash

I see in the ADN where they are going to open up Unit 13 (Nelchina Basin) for ariel aided wolf hunting.(Cubs, cell phones and snowmachines) Looks like AK fish and game and Murkowski are thumbing their noses at the gal ( using socially acceptable term) from Conneticut and her howl ins and boycott!!! HOOORAYYYY I'm booking my AK airlines flight as we speak!! Maybe I'll get to hunt a moose in 10 years!!
Mike

With any luck, I hope to be contributing to Alaska's economy come this August, and some unlucky halibut will be contibuting to my dinner :)
WOOHOO! Any advice?
Randy

Randy

I've done quite a bit of Halibut fishing in AK. What part are you looking at, S central or SE. I've had some dynamite trips in SE. PM me for my personal recomendations.
Mike

Back