• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Where do I get those nifty window vents?

sj

Staff member
Northwest Arkansas
In several of the cubs I saw at new holstein, you have these nifty round window vents to keep the pilot cool. Where do I get one of those and is it a "minor" modification?

THANKS!

sj

Your probably talking about snap vents. Aircraft Spruce P/N A-2-100 for a 2" or CC3251 for a 3.25".

This is a minor mod, although you may be able to find someone that disagrees with that.

Those nifty round vents are expensive and come from a guy in MT......can't remember his name.

Yes, last time I looked Spruce was the cheapest for the CC3251's. $7.85/pr vs $13.65/pr at Wagaero.

I just installed two yesterday in a customers airplane (not SC). If you are putting them in a window that can't be taken out and put on the bench then get someone strong to hold a 2 x 10 against the inside of the window while you take a 3 1/4" hole saw to the outside, clean the edges up with a round file or deburing blade and then snap in the new vent.

Wayne

Back