Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How old is everyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by john schwamm View Post
    Kurt,
    We soloed on the same runway, I did it in a Cessna 175, my Dad was manager of Anchorage International then, I had been flying with lots of people over the years, Dad always stuffing me in an airplane with someone, this time he wanted to go for a ride, on landing he told me to pull over, got out and said, you are on your own! Same runway landed to the south, but think in 1960-61.
    Nice connection!
    John
    Thats cool John!

Post Thanks / Like
    44. No. I was 44 when this thread got started. At the time, I was flying various rentals and about to buy into a J-3. Fifteen years and a couple of airplanes later, I bought a 185.

Only the Bonanza made me feel like I was a pretty decent pilot!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Misch View Post
    Like Charlie, born the same year as my plane. But it's a -12, and we all know when they were born - - -
    Also born in the same year as my plane - 1978.

Post Thanks / Like
    The big 50 for me this June, as in I started getting airborne 50 years ago. Self taught in hang gliders and ultralights, (only knocked myself out once, not sure for how long) , not "real" airplanes, but tell me that when flying over the Wind River Range at 14 K in an open cockpit Pterodactyl UL, going on a 2 week XC into Canada loaded down with camping gear, then a series of experimentals the last 34 years. 50 years of not screwing up, not screwing up too bad anyway! My big concern after reaching that milestone is a sense of complacency, you other older pilots know what I'm talking about.
    Likes G44 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am one year younger than the last PA-18 to roll off the line in 1994.

Post Thanks / Like
    75, "the new 50." I was thinking about getting a T-6 (I had one when I was young and have flown them somewhat recently) but decided that it's more-better in a Super Cub.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyMike View Post
    75, "the new 50." I was thinking about getting a T-6 (I had one when I was young and have flown them somewhat recently) but decided that it's more-better in a Super Cub.
    The bigger tires would foul the wheelwells!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyMike View Post

They sure do fly nice though, we are looking for one too. Did you get rid of your champ? I saw it at BVY last week

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post
    They sure do fly nice though, we are looking for one too. Did you get rid of your champ? I saw it at BVY last week
    I sold the Champ. Even though I changed the 65 for an 85 and it flew well, I'm still stuck in the 180HP mentality. Nothing wrong with an Aeronca that can't be fixed by changing it for a Cub.
    Likes RaisedByWolves liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no, I’ll be 68 in March, started flying in 1977.....on my 2nd supercub....currently own 1969 pa18-150 with I think the lowest hr (since Piper new) cub around.....468 hr today....had 244hr on it
    when I got it...it has been recovered is all. ..... also have a 250 Comanche.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m 5 years younger than the 57 SuperCub I fly.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Post Thanks / Like
    have flown since i was 16 cub in for recover now should be finished by spring, had it is a 1979 had it since 1980 still love it!!
    Thanks mixer thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Old enough to know better but young enough not to care