• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

How old is everyone?

Five years younger than my 1941 Taylorcraft. 8K Alaska hrs but not much recently. Will fix that this Spring.

Gary

I will be 75 in July. Soled in an 85 hp J-3 in 1965. Purchased 7-ac at 19. Still fly a champ and 90 hp J-3. Doing a very slow rebuild on my PA-12. I wish i lived closer to some of the experts on this forum.

58. Soloed on my 16th birthday at Anchorage international airport on the old runway 13-31 in a 7ECA Citabria in 1979.

Kurt,
We soloed on the same runway, I did it in a Cessna 175, my Dad was manager of Anchorage International then, I had been flying with lots of people over the years, Dad always stuffing me in an airplane with someone, this time he wanted to go for a ride, on landing he told me to pull over, got out and said, you are on your own! Same runway landed to the south, but think in 1960-61.
Nice connection!
John

Most room temp age folks sit on park benches and critique passersby. Is that what's happening here?

Gary

Kurt,
We soloed on the same runway, I did it in a Cessna 175, my Dad was manager of Anchorage International then, I had been flying with lots of people over the years, Dad always stuffing me in an airplane with someone, this time he wanted to go for a ride, on landing he told me to pull over, got out and said, you are on your own! Same runway landed to the south, but think in 1960-61.
Nice connection!
John

Thats cool John!

44. No. I was 44 when this thread got started. At the time, I was flying various rentals and about to buy into a J-3. Fifteen years and a couple of airplanes later, I bought a 185.

Only the Bonanza made me feel like I was a pretty decent pilot!

The big 50 for me this June, as in I started getting airborne 50 years ago. Self taught in hang gliders and ultralights, (only knocked myself out once, not sure for how long) , not "real" airplanes, but tell me that when flying over the Wind River Range at 14 K in an open cockpit Pterodactyl UL, going on a 2 week XC into Canada loaded down with camping gear, then a series of experimentals the last 34 years. 50 years of not screwing up, not screwing up too bad anyway! My big concern after reaching that milestone is a sense of complacency, you other older pilots know what I'm talking about.

75, "the new 50." I was thinking about getting a T-6 (I had one when I was young and have flown them somewhat recently) but decided that it's more-better in a Super Cub.

75, "the new 50." I was thinking about getting a T-6 (I had one when I was young and have flown them somewhat recently) but decided that it's more-better in a Super Cub.

They sure do fly nice though, we are looking for one too. Did you get rid of your champ? I saw it at BVY last week

They sure do fly nice though, we are looking for one too. Did you get rid of your champ? I saw it at BVY last week

I sold the Champ. Even though I changed the 65 for an 85 and it flew well, I'm still stuck in the 180HP mentality. Nothing wrong with an Aeronca that can't be fixed by changing it for a Cub. 8)

Oh no, I’ll be 68 in March, started flying in 1977.....on my 2nd supercub....currently own 1969 pa18-150 with I think the lowest hr (since Piper new) cub around.....468 hr today....had 244hr on it
when I got it...it has been recovered is all. ..... also have a 250 Comanche.....

have flown since i was 16 cub in for recover now should be finished by spring, had it is a 1979 had it since 1980 still love it!!

Back