• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Hydrosorb testing-Repair-Replacement

Numerous full extensions as in bad landnings? No, we Grease Every landing ;) just kidding. We have not experienced any odd behaviour from the suspension. This just snapped in one normal landing. We have the 3" ext fadodge gear, and had only installed the wires for the cabane. Did not install the lower wires because did not have long enough bolts at the time.. Had forgotten about this, and was reminded when I saw that the hydrosorb piston was the part that saved the day! From the looks of the cross section of the material, the weld penetration depth is not sufficient. I believe that too much tig energy has been directed to the thicker body, and the weld just barely melted into the bungee ear assy. Just my thought though..

Reference post #15 regarding the new AOSS units for $2200. Is that price per each or for the complete set? I just checked their web site and the price listed is $3600, ouch. If they indeed do make a new unit for $2200 per set, I'm interested. That price would be in line with TK racing (I think that's the correct name) units. Larry v.

Reference post #15 regarding the new AOSS units for $2200. Is that price per each or for the complete set? I just checked their web site and the price listed is $3600, ouch. If they indeed do make a new unit for $2200 per set, I'm interested. That price would be in line with TK racing (I think that's the correct name) units. Larry v.

That was back in 2004. $3600 sounds right. I need to get the drop test video from Burl. It was impressive to see what standard bungees/hydrosorbs do compared to AOSS. No bounce is awesome.

Unbelievable, but true: I just recieved two brand new hydrosorb assemblies from univair - for free!
They are taking the damage we had really seroiusly. They want back both assemblies we bought in 2008 for inspection.
That is what I call goodwill!! :)

Took these off a month ago. Univair hydrosorb leaked all the fluid out.

attachment.php

Attachments

• hydro.jpg
    hydro.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 825
Replace a pair of Univair hydrosorbs on a CC18 at about 100 hours and in 340 hours they are both leaking again. How many hours did you get out of yours?

They way to tell if they are good or not is if there is any resistance when pushed in and out with no bungees installed. The whole idea is to take some of the rebound out. AOSS does it superbly.

I bought a set, there is pretty good resistance. It would be a good workout for me to extend and retract several times. If I’m reading right, this resistance is good. The bungee retaining ears on one are bent in, over the bungees I removed. Should I leave them bent so I don’t work the metal?

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Probly pretty hard to load the bungees with them like that? I'd bend them back, but if the resistance decreased while bending, I'd assume the ears were failing. Maybe heat locally first??

Probly pretty hard to load the bungees with them like that? I'd bend them back, but if the resistance decreased while bending, I'd assume the ears were failing. Maybe heat locally first??

Thank you. The bungees took some wiggling to get them off. I’ll try some heat with the bending.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

They should straighten no problem. I would worry about heat hurting the seals of the hydrosorb. A little at a time with a crescent wrench should do it.

Back