• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Aviation movies

I believe you may be thinking about "Cloud Dancer", which did star David Carradine, but not not Jan Michael Vincent. It had Joseph Bottoms and Jennifer O'Neill as well. Much of the flying was done by Tom Poberezny, Gene Soucy, and Jimmy Leeward. Not that great a movie, but fun flying stuff!

I watched that movie with Clint McHenry. He pointed out all the cool stuff in the background.

There have been a couple of different movies made about Pancho. The TV movie with Vallerie Bertinelli as Pancho was actually not bad.

To make Valerie Bertinelli look like Pancho Barnes, the makeup dept musta hit her a couple licks with the ugly stick.
She mighta been a good pilot and/or quite the party animal, but Pancho was downright homely.

Last week, maybe due to Veteran's Day, "Midway" (1976) was on sat TV several times.
Excellent movie, lots of naval aviation action, and a buttload of big-name actors.
Even a young Tom Selleck & Erik Estrada in minor roles.

FWIW I just saw an ad on my Dish TV that Midway will be showing again on Sundown channel this coming sunday evening 11/27/16.

Islands in the Sky, another E. Ghann story.

More DC-3 stuff on YouTube that is interesting- The Daredevil pilots of Columbia.
After watching I wanted to send Raul my old Trimble so he wouldn't have to use that Etrex!

Blue thunder and flight of the intruder...

I just re-read "Flight of the Intruder" and "The Intruders",
Stephen Coonts' first two Jake Grafton novels.
Both excellent reads, with good aviation action (navy A6's flying off carriers).
I assume the flying stuff is accurate as Coonts flew A6's himself.

Yes, "Top Gun, Maverick". The plot was a bit of a stretch, but what great fun to watch.

Normally my interest is in the flying scenes but I was willing to suspend that priority when Jennifer Connelly was on the screen.

Cute airplane based movie for families, young kids and early teens is "SkyKids 2008". Google it and watch free on-line on TUBI-TV. I was directed to this movie last year when I bought the biplane that's got a few minutes of screen time in it.

-Cub Builder

Back