Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Testing.

Post Thanks / Like

Testing.

The question on aircleaners brought me back to a nagging question that I have been trying for years to solve. It seems that Mother Nature is always changing the condidions when I am trying to test something. In wing or airfoil testing, I simply climb to the same pressure altitude for every test. Then I only have to correct for temperature. The engine is the problem. I am stuck on the ground for these tests. In the a.m. I may be 200 feet below sea level and in the afternoon 600 feet above. The resultant data is just not as good as I would like. I called Contenintal Motors to see how they corrected thier tests, and he just laughed and said they controlled the pressure in the building and didn't correct anything. Does anyone have access to a formula to make this correction? It should be a (useable) formula. I can do the "wet bulb humidity thing" but would like to have a formula that dosent require it. Thanks for any help. Jerry.

Jerry

Not sure if this will help, but it might give you some ideas.

http://www.longacreracing.com/instru....asp?instid=24

Post Thanks / Like
    I?m sure that SJ throughly explained how we do posts as a guest, but I?m not sure how I did that last one, anyway, my thoughts were...by converting the pressure to a percentage, you might be able to come up with more consistent results.

Post Thanks / Like

Testing.

Hi Cavy. This is sure a great site. The answer is usually out there, this site just makes it easier to connect with someone that has that answer. I have been looking for the formula that is on their web page, but with that little meter I don't need the formula. Wish I had known of it 15 years ago. Thanks . Jerry.