• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

SuperCub Running Rich

PA-18

Odem,Texas
Hey Guys I read some other posts and was convinced you all might have some answers. As of lately my cub has a problem. Condition of mags and wires plugs, new. Original carb,engine was rebuilt with the high comp. 160 pistons. The plane turns good rpms maybe lacking a bit static,but lags or ruff running begins with brisk opening of the throttle. I noticed one day when I had carb heat applied and I opened the throttle the engine got real ruff running, but would straighten up when I leaned the mixture. I feel like I am running rich due to the way it behaves with the carbheat on. I plan on sending the carb off to be rebuilt or exchange but before I do I would like to draw from all of you alls experience. P.S Im from Texas and plan on meeting some of you when Murph has his get together in april. Any advice is greatly appreciated, another thing is I have a new muffler that seems to be in order but I feel like somthings just not right. I guess you could say I can feel it in the seat of my pants that she is just not running like she ought to. A few years and hours backI had an exhaust valve break before I overhauled it and I was just wondering if my baby is trying to tell me somthing before she stops on me at a inopertune time. Sorry for the long windedness but that is my explanation. It also acted like I flooded it to day when I started it hot one time and this never happens, when it started it barely and slowly kicked over and kind of rolled over a few times slowly on its own before making any power, I hope to here some ideas.

Bayne Horne PA-18

Back