• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Kaycee, WY (Pvt-Gosney Ranch 78V)

CubCouper

Sheridan WY
-- a shameless plug for my home town (and Mom's motel/restaurant!)

LOCATION-LAT/LONS
Kaycee, WY - on I-25
65 miles N of Casper
80 miles S of Sheridan
150 miles W of Sturgis
10 miles from the Bighorn Mountains

Runway: 4000x60', dogleg mid-field, dirt

Definitely do a fly-by to chase the antelope and sheep off before landing!

Lat/Long: 43-43-19.898N / 106-40-02.167W
43-43.33163N / 106-40.03612W
43.7221939 / -106.6672686
(estimated)
Elevation: 4830 ft. / 1472 m (estimated)
Variation: 13E (1985)
From city: 2 miles NW of KAYCEE, WY

AIRPORT FACILITIES
If the T-hangars aren't full of farm equipment, you can usually get your bird in out of the weather. Otherwise, plan on bringing your own tiedowns.

LODGING
Siesta Motel (and Country Inn cafe) is pilot-friendly -- rooms that would make you feel at home -- if home was a TX deer camp. Clean and cheap.

TRANSPORTATION
Buzz town a couple times and Evelyn or Mitch will probably show up to haul you into town. Otherwise, its a mile walk into town. I have seen an airplane taxi into town and fill up with gas more than once!

SERVICES
None.

FUEL
None -- try Buffalo (BYG) (40 miles N)

NOTES
The Brown family has a long history of taking care of the pilots that venture this way. Evelyn or son Mitch usually have one ear toward the sky -- especially for the taildragger crowd.

The original airport owner (Gary Gosney) was a locally renowned pilot and passed on doing what he loved -- hunting coyotes from a SuperCub. His son (Stuart) now operates the family ranch.

Not much to do around Kaycee, but enjoy some redneck company at the combination gas-station/bar at the edge of town. Try the weekend after Labor Day for a real party -- the annual Deke Latham Memorial PRCA Rodeo (307-738-2444 for info) -- rodeo, parades, street dances, vast quantities of beer, and tight fittin' jeans.

CONTACT
Evelyn Brown - 307-738-2291 - reservations
Mitch Brown - 307-738-2410 - conditions

WEB LINKS

http://www.airnav.com/airport/WA10
Picture on Page 3 of the Cubs Galore gallery, this site.

Back