• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

North East winter Fun 17/18

Wind blew hard all day, good sled day. I stopped on top of this cliff to try to figure out how to negotiate it when it cracked open and slid

At least 4' of snow everywhere, drifts to 20'. Riding is awesome right now, I don't want it to end

Glenn

Last edited:
Definitely can’t make tomorrow Glenn. Mike hasn’t fixed the X-brace yet. [emoji23]🤣[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

3 days till first day of spring, -3 below this morning, 19 now. Working on my tan before I go out on the sled

49 year old sled still thumping away

Life is good

Glenn

Last edited:
3 days till first day of spring, -3 below this morning, 19 now. Working on my tan before I go out on the sled

Life is good

Glenn

Hey Glenn, sorry this Texas boy is leaving footprints in your Northeast Winter Fun thread, but since we have the same tanning chair I thought I would leave this here.

Of course it's in the low 80's today, and I'm getting around on a motorcycle instead of a snowmobile, but still. :smile:

IMG_3747_crop.jpg

IMG_3752a.jpg

Yes, life is good!

Clyde

Now that's funny. Summer is so close , I can feel it! I started a annual on a Maule with floats today and have tickets to fly down south and pick up a TwinBee UC-1 in three weeks. I won't be able to land in the water for a while in the TB , not multi sea rated yet.
Hope I can use it to chase you guys around in the water this year.

have tickets to fly down south and pick up a TwinBee UC-1 in three weeks. I won't be able to land in the water for a while in the TB , not multi sea rated yet.
Hey Cool! I've flown that Twin Bee. I was the first person in the world to get a Multi-sea rating in a Twin Bee. I hope that whoever is going to train you knows all of the tricks. Hint; for just one, when taking off in the water lead with the left engine to keep from burying the left float. Do it wrong and the float can get bent.

Now that's funny. Summer is so close , I can feel it! I started a annual on a Maule with floats today and have tickets to fly down south and pick up a TwinBee UC-1 in three weeks. I won't be able to land in the water for a while in the TB , not multi sea rated yet.
Hope I can use it to chase you guys around in the water this year.

Tom, who is going to teach Matt to fly the TB :roll:

You have to wait till I start the Spring and Summer 2018 thread before talking floats. Still winter for 2 more days.
Went riding with my kid after work. He's got thousands of sled miles but I got a kick watching him working the old 69 Olympic in the deep snow

Glenn

Hey Glen, those snowmobiles look a lot like a TwinBee,lol. Stop by if your out flying lots of snow here also.
It Sn 018, I guess I'm the instructor for the TB. Matt is a excellent pilot and has lots of twin time and seaplane time.

I used to hang around Flaglor Beach airport when visiting my mom. A guy named Skip had a TB and gave alot of multi engine ratings in it because it was sloooow and gave students time to think

Glenn

PS. No multi time yet ;-)

It Sn 018, I guess I'm the instructor for the TB. Matt is a excellent pilot and has lots of twin time and seaplane time.
Another hint: that aux fuel tank in the tail is for CG control for water work. It should always be full when there is more than one person on board for water work. 1/2 full when solo works best.

Hint #3: Trail the main fear for a slightly higher cruise speed. Just don't forget to put it up or down as appropriate for landing.
Hint #4: Lock the tail wheel for all take off and landings. Failure to do so can cause damage to the tail when landing in the water for one reason.
Hint #5: 1/2 flap for take off gives best 2nd segment climb. Use full flap for shortest distance.

Be Careful, there aren't many left and there will not be any more! The losses have been due to pilot error.

Heading out this morning might go visit Ford and see what parts are lying around from that Maine CC, unless they are already strapped on to a rebuild SC project.

Heading out this morning might go visit Ford and see what parts are lying around from that Maine CC, unless they are already strapped on to a rebuild SC project.

Hope you got your skis on. I’ll be here. Dar is coming around noon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Pete, would you mind If I gave you a call to chat about the TB? I'm open to getting tips on flying this plane. If you PM me with a # and when a good time is id appreciate it, thanks Tom.

Back