• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Building a Javron Cub

I was just catching up on Bill's forum and was shocked to see the plane flipped. I am so happy that he is not hurt. Sounds like he was well prepared in the event of an emergency.

I have never met Bill, but I admire him.

I am feeling sick. Just heartbreaking. Thankful to God and Bill's skill to egress from the plane.

Bill, Glad your ok. Dry that horse out and get back on it!! We're all pulling for you. Wish I was closer to help. I met a guy a few years ago from vermont who's seaplane went under in a gale, they righted it, drained it, hair-dryered the mags, and flew it out!!

Oh man, Bill, what a huge disappointment - you've had far more than your fair share of that. Here's hoping you can dry that beauty out in Ketch and continue your trip shortly!

Bill,

Glad to hear that you are OK! It's hard to know what words to use to encourage at a time like this. But I am certain that God knows what He is doing and that there is a purpose in all of this. Remember that airplanes can be replaced/rebuilt. Thank you for being prepared.

Come on Bill, I know you'd been in the bush for a few days... but there are better ways to wash your clothes. :-?

BE WELL.. get it sorted out, and recovered, and tell us all about it later on. Just glad you're in one piece and you were well prepared.

DAMMIT Bill!! Can't believe the bad luck. So glad you're OK (again) and I'm sure you'll be back on that horse again soon. Hopefully not much damage. We all love & respect you. Don't fergit that! All the best in whatever is upcoming.

Glad to hear they picked you up in one piece and drawing air. Remember, that's the most important thing here. Now, ask around and get some advice on getting your airplane back to a hanger. Then go be with your family and tell them all about your grand adventure to Alaska.

Web

Hi Bill, we were the two 180s on wheels that passed right by you as you were coming East along the coast just up from point yakataga, very near the beached timber barge with the cranes. Wish I had known it was you, I would have said more than just hi and letting you know of the following plane. We skipped the show this year and spent more time on Prince of Wales Island. Glad you got to stop in to Salmon lake and Turner Lake. We were on floats a couple years ago and those places were definitely highlights of the trip. Will look forward to more of your trip report. Please don't make the mistake of skipping forward to the ending. I would seriously like to hear about some of the other cabins and the like in Southeast.

Bill, just view this as an opportunity to make any changes/improvements that you want to while its apart. You'll be back in the air in no time. Glad you're OK!

Bill, your our buddy, none of us knows what happened or why it happened, all we know is that it happened to someone we care dearly about. Your hurting about what happened so we are hurting with you. All we really care about is that you are ok.

Glenn

Bill after talking to you at the show I am so sad to here about this, like everyone else though I am very glad you came out OK. I hope it all works out good with your recovery of your cub.

best wishes and again glad your ok.

John Pex
72A

Empathy is your pain in our heart. Lots of empathy for you here. When you get around to reading all the comments I hope it eases the pain a little. We met in OSH and you kindly gave some time to talk and show off your Cub. Can't even imagine but glad you're ok.

Very sorry to what happened to you and your pride and joy. The most and very important part is you are ok.

Borrowed computer which I don't know how to use. Thank you all for your support during this humiliating, embarrassing, difficult time. From the highest of highs to the lowest of lows in about 3 seconds. God Bless you all. Very busy now trying to recover acft, and make flyable. More when I have time and a new computer.

Humbly and Blessed by your support

Bill

Bill,
You are a class act. Few in this pool would have the composure and ability to share, communicate and look forward. I wouldn't. I am praying you are airborne soon and am moved by your spirit. Enough said

Super cub...super guy

Bill:

We all are living your adventure...ups and downs....all part of it. We are sitting at home drinking coffee while you are out "doing" Don't ever be embarrassed. You are the hero here.

We are all blessed by knowing you.

Mike

A thought of encouragement, Sir:

THE MAN IN THE ARENA
Excerpt from the speech "Citizenship In A Republic"
delivered at the Sorbonne, in Paris, France on 23 April, 1910
download PDF of complete speech
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt

Great to see so many positives so far! Incredible recovery.

Just let us know when we can start the good natured ribbing about methods of washing aircraft:lol::lol:8)

Takes a very strong person to be the one leading so many. You may stumble, but we are there willing to help you continue any time. I, and I think many others, envy you. You have and are doing. A stumble along the way is expected when you do.

Back