• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

RV-15 webinar on Jan 27th

AX-O

2D677B53-54C1-409A-9B6B-961A6BFEF5A0.jpeg

All, fyi. We’ll be presenting a webinar covering the RV-15 prototype airplane and our progress toward the final design on Friday evening, January 27th as part of EAA’s Homebuilder week.

Note: The system will not allow me to post a link to eaa’s page.

Attachments

• 2D677B53-54C1-409A-9B6B-961A6BFEF5A0.jpeg
    2D677B53-54C1-409A-9B6B-961A6BFEF5A0.jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 108
Just a reminder in case you want more info.

break

We will be sharing some performance numbers today. What was done since OSH and direction for the next plane.

Two takeaways from the webinar for me, as I listened to it.

- 140 knots (!) is freaking incredible.
- Vans, as perhaps they have done with all their models, is truly setting the gold standard for homebuilt mfg’s. Research, research, research, look at the best ideas of all available aircraft, compile and sort what makes the most sense, then go back and design some more, create a flying test bed to essentially do nothing but research more of the ideas and potential, then start signing off on parts of the design until the whole thing is ready to build. And then… go back to the beginning and start creating a build manual for it.

Only downfall is they stopped pilots from buying in 2021 by announcing it. Then the test bed showed up in 2022 so more pilots held off, and it probably wont be finalised for 2023 osh so production may begin in….2024.

But it should prove to be a performance machine.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Watched it. Wish it was a four seat. A bit confusing when they talk about it but sounds like they canned even option for 2nd row seating for little kids? That everyone else’s takeaway?

As some of you may know I race gliders. Kind of sounds oxymoronic right? Well one of my competitors is Richard VansGrunsven. He is one of the class acts of the field. A true gentleman who pitches in wherever he’s needed. Like if we need to move chairs or tables he’s right there. I’ve never owned or flown an RV but I would consider this airplane. Their engineering team I am sure put a lot of thought into it.

8E24443B-AC7D-4599-B670-5A43B30891BA.jpg

Attachments

• 8E24443B-AC7D-4599-B670-5A43B30891BA.jpg
    8E24443B-AC7D-4599-B670-5A43B30891BA.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 58
Two takeaways from the webinar for me, as I listened to it.

- 140 knots (!) is freaking incredible.
- Vans, as perhaps they have done with all their models, is truly setting the gold standard for homebuilt mfg’s. Research, research, research, look at the best ideas of all available aircraft, compile and sort what makes the most sense, then go back and design some more, create a flying test bed to essentially do nothing but research more of the ideas and potential, then start signing off on parts of the design until the whole thing is ready to build. And then… go back to the beginning and start creating a build manual for it.

Only downfall is they stopped pilots from buying in 2021 by announcing it. Then the test bed showed up in 2022 so more pilots held off, and it probably wont be finalised for 2023 osh so production may begin in….2024.

But it should prove to be a performance machine.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Exactly my thoughts! If I were 10+ years younger it might be tempting, but now-a-days, the prospect of building another plane is not in the cards. First completed versions are still going to be a few years in the future for 99% of the builders. I'm sure there will be the serial builder that gets one out in 6 months after getting the kit.

I'm wondering if it will have a build time close to the RANS S-21? It that happens, I'm guessing they are going to have a long backlog of orders.

Watched it. Wish it was a four seat. A bit confusing when they talk about it but sounds like they canned even option for 2nd row seating for little kids? That everyone else’s takeaway?

Yes, I watched the original presentation. The design is 2 place with lots of room for stuff in the back. You build it yourself and you can decide what to use that room for.

That RV-15 is gonna be a heck of a plane

I’m a tube and fabric guy after seeing a S-21 get very beat up in mild unimproved strip use

I'm a Bearhawk guy, but the 15 would be fun to build

Back