• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Where was this photo taken?

Richgj3

BENEFACTOR
LI,NY
This came up on the home page today. It so nice, I need to know the location.

EDIT: I guess I should have read the top line on the picture!!!!

e7d556b03410f81546208a5a2efa2cba.jpg

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Last edited:
I don't know specifically where that was on CDL, but It's a cool picture. I got my SES checkride from Mike, and my instruction from Glenn Smith in that airplane. How many golf balls do you suppose there are in the water between the island and the shore ?

I don't know specifically where that was on CDL, but It's a cool picture. I got my SES checkride from Mike, and my instruction from Glenn Smith in that airplane. How many golf balls do you suppose there are in the water between the island and the shore ?

14 th hole on the Coeur d'Alene resort golf course. North shore of the lake, a mile or so east of downtown. The water taxi to the green is equally impressive.

A way too expensive, unremarkable golf course. The only two things I remember are the high green fees and the island green. They relocate it every day using underwater anchors and winch lines. The resort is very nice, though.

Last edited:
14 th hole on the Coeur d'Alene resort golf course. North shore of the lake, a mile or so east of downtown. The water taxi to the green is equally impressive.
Water taxi? If that was my course, I'd make 'em swim! :smile:
Actually I know nothing about golf, but I used to do some bowling where we drank heavily and lied about our scores. Maybe I should take up golf.

According to my dad that's the coldest place on the planet, he went through basic training for the Navy there in January/February before shipping off th the South Pacific. I asked what was so bad and he said there had been a TB outbreak and the commander ordered the windows on all the barracks to be opened at night and for expercise they rowed the lake in whale boats.

He told me about his experience when we were traveling back to Oklahoma from a boat race at Hood River and I asked him if he wanted to see the area again and he said "if I never see that lake again it will be too soon, I get cold just thinking about it."

According to my dad that's the coldest place on the planet, he went through basic training for the Navy there in January/February before shipping off th the South Pacific. I asked what was so bad and he said there had been a TB outbreak and the commander ordered the windows on all the barracks to be opened at night and for expercise they rowed the lake in whale boats.

He told me about his experience when we were traveling back to Oklahoma from a boat race at Hood River and I asked him if he wanted to see the area again and he said "if I never see that lake again it will be too soon, I get cold just thinking about it."

That was probably Lake Pend Oreille (north of Coeur d"Alene) There was a large Navy training base there (Farragut) during the war. That lake is much deeper (and cold) and is still used by the Navy for underwater acoustic testing. They even test submarines there. I remember the first time I saw one there while fishing - had to blink and take a second look. Not exactly what you'd expect to see in North Idaho.

Back