• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Cessna control yoke swap?

bob turner

Not sure of the details yet, but I said I'd help. Big fancy yoke with pickles, requires a different end on the shaft - so the plan is to bolt the new shaft in.

I think we are looking at putting a 210 yoke in a 172 - not sure yet.

The question - is this a minor alteration, or does it drift over into field approval territory? It is a sort of change to a control system, but it seems benign to me. I don't do the annuals on the 172, so it has to be documented.

Thanks!

minor, installed by bolt in.... my $0.02 worth

I wouldn't even bother logging it..... but that's just me...

No change to the basic design of the control system. Swapping Cessna parts for other Cessna parts. Minor.

Web

So long as it is bolt in and the lever arm for the yoke is the same, I would say minor.

I did a DER approval last year on a TriPacer that put a PMA yoke for a PA-28 in. The lever arm (yoke handle to center of rotation) was 1” shorter. I had to verify control forces wouldn’t exceed CAR 3 requirements. That was a major alteration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. Just found out it is a late model 172 yoke on an early 172. I haven't checked for multiple type certs, but if all 172s are on the same TCDS, it is a logbook entry.

Appreciate the insights.

Back