• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Batten down the hatches in OK tonight

Fake news. But I hear some folks are reporting flying pigs. [emoji200] [emoji946]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is almost as fun as watching your income tax getting prepared. The weather guy is getting hoarse, he’s been on camera so long. So far rain rates in west Tulsa 5.9in/hr...

Last edited:
Lotsa folks had to put in their dentures and put on their bras just in case. Luckily we only caught the south tail of this latest rodeo.

Round two at the moment, had a confirmed tornado over TIA. No telling how much rain overnight, my gauge overflowed before midnight.

here in north dakota, no rain this spring, dry, lotta crops laying in cold dry dirt doing nothing. some neighbors here in the northern part of the state have refused to turn a wheel yet not wanting land to blow. froze yesterday morning. been years where ive had all my wheat sprayed in may this year so far i dont have a wheat plant up yet.

The wheat is looking real good in North Texas this year. The problem is there's been so much rain the fields may be too soft to bring it in.

Fake news. But I hear some folks are reporting flying pigs. [emoji200] [emoji946]

Pigs? did someone say Pigs?

Glad you and Kirby live up on the hills, but do you have a boat to get out?

here in north dakota, no rain this spring, dry, lotta crops laying in cold dry dirt doing nothing. some neighbors here in the northern part of the state have refused to turn a wheel yet not wanting land to blow. froze yesterday morning. been years where ive had all my wheat sprayed in may this year so far i dont have a wheat plant up yet.
This year may set a new record for Prevent Plant.

Last edited:
Hope everyone gets missed by the WX, ugly fcst

Here is some of the aftermath
IMG_3729.jpg
Grand Lake Dam - 6 miles upstream of OK18
IMG_3731.jpg
Discharging 175,000 CFS
In aviation terms, that about 4.7 Billion GPH

Going to be lots of flooding in the area - especially downstream of Keystone Dam on the Arkansas River. Places like Tulsa, Jenks, Sandsprings, Sapulpa, Skiatook, Muskogee, and many more unfortunately.

Won't be many people out on the lakes this Memorial Day Weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_3729.jpg
    IMG_3729.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_3731.jpg
    IMG_3731.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 222
Lol. You’d think [emoji848] it looked smooth as a baby’s butt.

This year may set a new record for Prevent Plant.

Here in the south Mississippi delta we are completely flooded and have been for 3 months. Built a levee around my house and getting in and out on a tractor as it’s too deep for my pickup. I’ve been farming for 35 years and have never seen anything like it. I’ll be 100% prevented planting this year.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

My corn is up and looks good but not sure if I'll get the soybeans in before the June 15th planting deadline. Water sitting everywhere but I have installed a lot more drain tile in recent years so that is helping. Probably not doing downstream any good though. Less than a month ago I was kidding with some friends that we should buy lots of corn on the Chicago Board of Trade. As of today that would have been a good move and might still be.

Last edited:
Reminds me of a few years back, here in Vermont a picture of commuters going to work.
bilde.jpg

Attachments

• bilde.jpg
    bilde.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 162
.25 inches rain where im at total this spring. crops arent looking very hot, but wheat dosent look to bad. guys sorting off some cow calf pairs now to thin things down some. corn being seeded now. wonder where the magazine guys are that say its got to be in by the first of may, not hearing a peep out of them this year.

Crazy! Here in South Florida, my lawn is dying for lack of water and this is allegedly the rainy season.

Back