• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

New Kit???

Bucket

Caldwell ID
Has anyone heard about a new kit coming out? I heard rumors of a cub style airplane that would hold a motorcycle. Is there a booth at Sun N Fun or OshKosh?

No I'm hearing the motorcycle can be loaded in the airplane without removing any wheels or handlebars.

There is a new kit going into production that will be introduced at OSH, booth 19. The Supercross Cub is a patent pending aircraft design concept that will change the way some people look at Super Cubs. It will haul things Super Cubs, Maule's, C-180's and Bearhawk's simply can't. It looks from the outside very much like a PA-14, dimensionally just a few inches larger, grosses 2200lbs and uses many Cub parts. It will haul four people or two people and a full size enduro motorcycle without having to fold or disassemble anything…and that's just the beginning. It is well engineered and well funded. There is no website or phone number but there will be when OSH rolls around. If it weighs 500-600lbs it can probably fly it.

Last edited:
google search found this:
SUPERCROSS CUB is a product created by Paul, John-Curtiss in 703 W. Highland View Dr. , Boise, ID, 83702. The SUPERCROSS CUB is a product related to Aircraft; Fuselages; Light aircraft. The SUPERCROSS CUB product has not yet been made publicly available yet in the United States. The SUPERCROSS CUB is in the category of Vehicles and Products for locomotion by land, air or water . Get in contact with the owner, Paul, John-Curtiss of this SUPERCROSS CUB, or visit them at their place of business in the map. Write a review about the product with this SUPERCROSS CUB.

Or, contact the owner Paul, John-Curtiss of the SUPERCROSS CUB trademark by filing a request to communicate with the Legal Correspondent for licensing, use, and/or questions related to SUPERCROSS CUB. The correspondent of the SUPERCROSS CUB is MICHAEL L. WISE of Law Offices Of Michael L Wise Llc, 260 Walsh Rd, Lagrangeville, NY 12540-6225 .

Word Mark:SUPERCROSS CUB
Status/ Status Date:
NEW APPLICATION FILED
4/2/2015
Serial Number:
Filing Date:3/25/2015

Due to un-foreseen circumstances the Supercross Cub will NOT be at Oshkosh but is on track for production.

Still on track? I forgot about this thread.

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org

I don't know, but as I'm finishing up my Wag Aero 2+2 fuselage, I started eyeing the back seat area and was thinking a little Suzuki 125 enduro would almost fit. They weigh around 200 pounds. I can't stand when wheels start turning in my head mid-project.

As someone who has flown with several different Montague folding mountain bikes for over 20 years now, in a Rans S-7 no less, this sounds intriguing. I have long had a vague idea of some kind of twin boom (think Flying Boxcar/C-119) design allowing straight in loading of bikes and similar. I hope this guy didn't steal my idea. :xI see he is across the state from me in Boise, interesting.

The issue with bikes and Cubs is the door size, especially if the front seatback doesn't fold forward. Just my eyeball estimate, but if there's someone who has logged more hours flying with a bike then me, including a lot of off airport mountain landings, I have not heard about it! The Rans S-7 line just happens to allow a perfect loading and carrying of a Montague, along with the usual camping gear etc. My plane lands slower with the bike onboard, it likes that CG, so unless I have a passenger (the rear seat is out when I haul the bike) it usually goes along. And even when ski flying, the bike is often along, as at some point getting to a breakfast or lunch spot is usually involved. Plus , though it's always a showstopper when you taxi up anywhere in a wheel retracted ski plane, then getting the bike off and zooming off in under 3 minutes is a further "never seen anything like that before" moment.

Just last weekend, in Afton for breakfast, for probably the 200 th. time (been breakfasting there since my ultralight days 35 years ago), rather then make the 3 minute walk across the highway to the cafe, I decided to get the bike out and ride further into town. Now converted with a mid drive e motor and battery, it's utility is nearly motorcycle like, while still dead silent and still able to be pedaled easily. Then, one of the city streets leading up into a big canyon to the east caught my eye, and one thing lead to another and 5 miles later I reached the trails end. As often happens when the bike is along, I discover unexpected things.....like on this ride, the big hydroelectric penstock running up the canyon, along with their turbines, which, as a small hydro electric owner operator myself, I find fascinating. Point being, having my ride along with me has made my flying experiences immeasurably more rewarding and enjoyable. Not to mention being able to get my own mogas, and at the end of the day, COLD BEER!

Attachments

• IMG_20190512_092854438_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190512_092854438_HDR.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_20190512_093459314_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190512_093459314_HDR.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 163
Lots of planes a motorbike fits in well.

One of the best is the C-130. It is the title brother of the C-150;-)8)

I have long had a vague idea of some kind of twin boom (think Flying Boxcar/C-119) design allowing straight in loading of bikes and similar.
Like this?
Burnelli_CBY-3_Loadmaster.jpg
Years ago I saw this Bernellli parked at Baltimore. I later heard that it went to the Bradley air museum in Connecticut.

This is loosening up some memories. As a kid I would sneak out to an old caboose in the woods and climb up to the observation seats, widely spaced with the aisle between and below. You could pretend you were flying a B29. Much later I remembered and wondered what it would take to put 2 motorcycles in the aisle and make it fly. Would have looked something like a Burnelli with the deep fuselage. I wanted to go to Daytona in style. Last I saw the Burnelli it was sitting outside at Bradley in sad shape. I think it was just after the big Sikorsky was hung, what year would that be?
P.S. Farmboy, bet you found it too, on the Leicester Jct. wye?

I’ve got a lot of time crossing the low roads in Leicester Junction during flood season but I don’t think I spend any time in a Caboose.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

This is loosening up some memories. As a kid I would sneak out to an old caboose in the woods and climb up to the observation seats, widely spaced with the aisle between and below. You could pretend you were flying a B29. Much later I remembered and wondered what it would take to put 2 motorcycles in the aisle and make it fly. Would have looked something like a Burnelli with the deep fuselage. I wanted to go to Daytona in style. Last I saw the Burnelli it was sitting outside at Bradley in sad shape. I think it was just after the big Sikorsky was hung, what year would that be?
P.S. Farmboy, bet you found it too, on the Leicester Jct. wye?

I grew up less then 20 miles from the Willow Run C-119 production plant, one of my earliest memories is seeing them fly over, real low. My 4 year old eyes noted they were different somehow. It'd be cool to end up in a down sized model of the Boxcar, kinda partial to them.

Back