• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Does Anybody Have A Shock Cord Tool I Could Rent or Borrow?

Bassackwards

FOUNDER
Medaryville Indiana
My IA needs to replace my shock cords and doesn"t have the tool. I told him i would try to locate one for him. Im a couple hours by car south of Chicago and 2 hours north of Indy Ideally I would like to locate one within a couple hours drive of here. I would promptly return it as soon as he was done with the tool.

Engine picker

Screenshot_20220906-151442.png

Or 2 ratchet straps between poles or...... something solid

Glenn

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220906-151442.png
    Screenshot_20220906-151442.png
    343.5 KB · Views: 124
Wouldnt it be easier to loop one side over first and just hook the other side strait to the hoist, it will settle evenly.

It will try to turn sideways doing that. Even pull is easier

Screenshot_20220906-202540.png

Glenn

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220906-202540.png
    Screenshot_20220906-202540.png
    282 KB · Views: 63
Wouldnt it be easier to loop one side over first and just hook the other side strait to the hoist, it will settle evenly.

I took 2 1280HD off and reinstalled them using 2 ratchet straps. Horizontal between 2 post in my pole barn. Worked great
Instead of rope I used a loop made from a ratchet strap, flat is easier to fish between the tight bungees
Glenn

No torque to fight this way. Tha Hammond's have done this a lot of times

Glenn

That’s the method I’ve used, works well, just need to respect the amount of energy building up in the bungees when you start pulling on them.

I tried that last month. I got it done, but it was difficult, and seemed dangerous.
So I made a new piece to adapt the Hydrasorbs to my Chevy bumper jack. Still deadly, but safer and easier by a bunch!
Bungee Buddy looks ok - the U tube is interminable, but you can fast-forward to the important parts.

I borrowed a Bungee Buddy from a friend - worked very well. I made a special extra-deep deepwell socket so could use a rattle wrench (impact wrench to you non-rednecks).

You can send your hydrasorbs to Univair and let them put the bungees on. They’ll also check the biscuit seals too.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

This simple tool fits in tool post on a lathe. Make sure tool matches ear on strut. Use carriage to stretch bungee, and pop it over ear with screwdriver. Very safe. You are stretching only one side, but the bungee will even itself out.

Back