• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

MY ELT Works!

Not to beat a dead horse, but this discussion reminded me of something I read in the documentation that came with my E-04. I dug this up from one of the PDFs:

How does the ACK E-04 handle the GPS data input?

The E-04 receives the data input from your GPS at the same rate your GPS outputs the data. (Typically once per second) The ELT uses the last data received from your GPS as its location when the ELT is activated either manually or by the crash sensor.

By webs reasoning, using diesel fuel in a gas vehicle is ok. Cause he has a DIFFERENT vehicle that takes diesel. Instruction manuals are useful.... we are referring to an ACK install here..

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Now Mike, you're a good guy but I'm calling BS on that one! It's more like which supplier to buy the gas from, at a given time of day.:p8)

The manual’s specified test procedure says to turn off the master so no power is supplied to the ELT. To me that implies the power should be controlled by the master. I guess others may interpret it differently. When I turn on the master the ELT does the self test. I’m becoming used to hearing that beep when I power up the electronics. Is this system better or worse than what I’ve been used to with my Artex for the past dozen years? Nope, just different.

I do wonder why my reset switch didn’t reset the ELT when it went off. But electricity isn’t my strong suit and if I can’t duplicate the problem it must not be an important problem.

IMG_0079.JPG

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Attachments

• IMG_0079.JPG
    IMG_0079.JPG
    452.3 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
The manual’s specified test procedure says to turn off the master so no power is supplied...
The manual as shown says "and no power is supplied...". A subtle difference that might matter. Like you said, it's subject to interpretation. If it were me I think I'd like it on the master, that way when the master is off everything is off.

Back