• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Javron SC completed

wdoubleday

Hi Folks,

Javron wide body with Titan OX-370, extended wings, Whirlwind ground adjustable, and on 26" goodyears ready for flight testing. Total weight came in at 1160 lbs. I'll post flight performance numbers when obtained. Been a long but enjoyable 7 years to get here.

0FFAC6D6-7D32-4FAF-A915-7A28B217A183.jpg

Attachments

• 0FFAC6D6-7D32-4FAF-A915-7A28B217A183.jpg
    0FFAC6D6-7D32-4FAF-A915-7A28B217A183.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 347
Looks good! Do you have any more photos? I just placed an order with Javron for a kit, and the current plan is to use a Titan 370 in mine, so I'm looking forward to hearing the performance of yours.

Thanks folks - These planes are not cheap to build, so to save money, I ordered from Jay a partial kit in 2014. I bought a basic fuselage with all structural welds completed, then welded on all tabs, birdcage, control mounts, etc. Welded up seats and all tail components from Jay's parts. He was kind enough to allow me to work in his shop for several weeks to build up my wings. I can't say enough good things about Jay DeRosier - he's honest, accommodating, and will take the time to anwer your questions - I don't think he sleeps much. His fabrications and metal parts are top quality and I dare say he's offering the best bang for the buck for an experimental cub kit, however much fabrication you want to do yourself. That being said, hardest part of the build is figuring out where everything goes, whether it is mounting tabs, locating avionics modules, or designing your firewall. Builders should use this forum, because you guys reply and provide so much help ang guidance for first time SC builders. Also, take pictures - I visited Jay's shop and spent two 2days studying and measuring kits he had under fabrication. There's no detailed assembly manual such as for the RV kitplanes. Be happy to provide anyone with pics and resources that I used.

Wow! That is nice. I bet that beauty is going to really perform. Congratulations!

Kurt

Tell us how the first flight goes....I'm with Stewart.....It's very exciting....I did mine off a 2000' strip with a cliff on each end.....I would have had time for one touchdown after takeoff if things didn't feel right. One of the most satisfying things I've done in aviation to date.

Congratulations That thing looks great
Mine got off the ground during tail up taxi test before I knew it

Back