• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

NE Summer Fun

HAHAHHA HAHAHHA!!! Funny stuff right there. “Membership to a Faternity with magazine showing photos of airplanes with monster truck tires”. Hahahaha HAHAHHA

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Boonville NY airport Pig Roast, 1NK7.
Guest of honor will be ready for serving tomorrow at noon until gone, rain or shine. Stop by if your in the area.

1NK7.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Fun weekend, Sat flew into the rain soaked pancake breakfast at Ctown with the wifie. Then we took the J4 and headed North to our friends camp on Twitchell Lk for the night.

Water is down on Stillwater Res so we played around there on Sunday

IMG_20180819_151415_zpsknejqctz.jpg
[/URL

Our beach on Beaver River is drying out

Glenn

Last edited:
Chasing my shadow across the Bonneville Salt Flats
IMG_4043.JPG

Smoky sunrise over the Great Salt Lake
IMG_3917.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4043.JPG
    IMG_4043.JPG
    320.2 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_3917.JPG
    IMG_3917.JPG
    267.4 KB · Views: 195
"Bombing of the Bismarck" in Oquossoc Maine this weekend (M57, 8B0) Aka float planes throwing grapefruits at a boat!! Two super cubs were in participation so I thought I'd share...

The first was a very nice gentleman I borrowed a hanger from this weekend.
c1955a4f5a.jpeg

My sister and I spent the rainy Saturday making a crude model of his gorgeous Cub.
c19567badb.jpeg

...and for now, thats as close as I'll get to one!! I spose' the flight home in the skyhawk wasn't half bad... ;-)

c1afbd1e47.jpeg

c1c41ae959.png

c1c9cc664b.jpeg

Did my first 8 landings in the Cub today, N6128H out of KGBR. I am sure this doesn't classify as NE Summer Fun for some of you all but it sure was exciting for me. Too excited not to share... I felt like I had clubs for feet trying to reach those heel brakes... :roll:

4746d384aa.jpeg

Followed the days fun up with a hazy flight to Rangeley in the Skyhawk.

4758291fc8.jpeg

My wife and I flew up to the 32nd Annual Bowman Field Fly-in, it was our first trip to the NE. We want to thank Tom and JB and his mom and dad for their hospitality at Cooper Farm, beautiful place! Tom let us follow him around for the weekend up to Bowman Field and then to the coast for our first lobster roll. Can't wait to get back for the WAD. Here is a video of our trip if your interested,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elLDAK2uSdI

Wes.

Wes, I noticed that you have a Garmin 695/696 in your panel. Are you aware that it will work just fine without that external hockey puck antenna on the glareshield? My 695 uses only it's internal antenna and will pick up a good signal even when inside the hangar.

Wes, I noticed that you have a Garmin 695/696 in your panel. Are you aware that it will work just fine without that external hockey puck antenna on the glareshield? My 695 uses only it's internal antenna and will pick up a good signal even when inside the hangar.

But maybe he’s using the puck for sat Wx or music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's good to know, it was there when I got it though and I haven't changed it. I was going to check on using it for weather but don't have any experience using gps for weather, is it pretty quick or does it lag behind?

I've not used GPS for weather in my Cub but have used it on my sailboat with great success. That second GPS antenna is likely for the weather reception. You must have a 696.

Went to two memorial services this weekend. Yesterdays was a local farmer who's family has been on the same land since the 1780s. British General Clinton weatherd part of a winter on their farm during the Revolutionary War.

Today my wife and I went to an old friends service on Otsego lake. Gunther or Gunner as he was know was a neat old school boy from Mobile Alabama. He spent most of the winter down South most years, but I did get him ski flying my pa11 few years back. And the rest of the year on his wife's family (Goodyear) estate on Otsego lake. Gunner had a J3 and a Yellow Stearman for years back in Mobile. He always talked about getting floats on the cub and flying it up here in the summer.
Every 4th of July we have a great parade in the little town of Springfield and afterwards Gunner would have a celebration on his lawn and fire his 3" civil war cannon 13 time after reading the Constitution from a soapbox. Today they fired it in his honor, he was quite a character and this old Yankee is going to miss him.

Glenn

Last edited:
90 and really humid here today. Thunderstorms we're on the way so we headed to the lake to take the boat out and cool off. How many places do you go down to the public landing and see the Amish out doing the same thing, parked next to a Harley

After a dip we headed down the lake to a friend of mine who has a Navy rigid inflatable like the Navy Seals use. Dave is a 120+ combat mission F4 Vietnam pilot. He was one of 2 F4s that flew cover while A4s looked for John McCain when he went down. Dave took us for a short ride before the rain opened up

That big Cummings sounds awesome and makes that 5000lb boat fly.
We got soaked right after that loading the boat and missed getting crushed by a 80 tree on the drive home.

Fun day

Glenn

Last edited:
After a dip we headed down the lake to a friend of mine who has a Navy rigid inflatable like the Navy Seals use.

That big Cummings sounds awesome and makes that 5000lb boat fly.
Glenn, Big Cummings? What is the rest of the drive system like? How is the prop and rudder protected? It seems that if the seals used this boat there must be something to protect the drive system for use in some really rugged beaching situations.

_DSC6162.jpg
90-meter boat. Heliport and a full-size pool for $400k a week.

Attachments

• _DSC6162.jpg
    _DSC6162.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 247
I saw that boat Saturday afternoon when I was on a seal and shark hunt. Didn't find any. Must have been the high tide covering the seal's sand bars?

I saw that boat Saturday afternoon when I was on a seal and shark hunt. Didn't find any. Must have been the high tide covering the seal's sand bars?
I found a bunch of seals in the water along the south shore but no sharks.
Seals swimming is a good sign that there are no sharks.
I flew over Muskeget Channel looking for baitfish and stripers- No Joy.

IMG_2924.JPG
East Beach looking toward Cape Pogue and Nantucket Sound.
The Dyke Bridge is in the foreground to the left.
With the new movie “Chappaquiddick” tourist are back asking directions to the bridge. Sadly a lot of the tourist ask for directions to the JFK bridge. History is a funny thing.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Attachments

• IMG_2924.JPG
    IMG_2924.JPG
    685.6 KB · Views: 215
Glenn, Big Cummings? What is the rest of the drive system like? How is the prop and rudder protected? It seems that if the seals used this boat there must be something to protect the drive system for use in some really rugged beaching situations.

I'll let Glenn comment, but most RIBS of this type are jet drives. I'd love to have one. Not sure what I'd do with it, but I still want one.

Back