• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

NE Summer Fun

Yes! I will be there and hope to see some of you all there too. Forecast looks awesome. 8am - noon.

I got treated to a Cub load of fun down at the Triple Tree fly-in (SC00). If you squint it looks like the North East.. ;-)

c50c510ba1.jpeg

c50c4e0344.jpeg

c50c6930c1.jpeg

c50c75645c.jpeg

The orange ones were NEAT! Was that a factory Piper color? One of the orange ones said "Cub Cruiser" so I suppose that makes it a J-5. I am not sure about the other. I was in a yellow J-3, and the fourth was a Sport Cub. I also saw a champ where the belly was red instead of orange.

Wow. Two orange J3s!is that in NY?

Sadly not Dave, I was on my way back up to the NE but these two were based in the Carolina's. I've got a hankering for orange now... so much so that I've "reserved" another hanger at the airport (they are currently remodeling). Does anyone know the history on this color?

Thanks!

Awesome turn out, thanks to those who came out! Who has the awesome beige Super Cub w/ blue text? And the "Magic Cub" is that any of you? What a treat!

The beige was probably Cruiser on here and the magic cub would be mine

Glenn

Glenn & Cruiser -- gorgeous machines! Wish I could've found a second to talk to you all about them. I spent the rest of the weekend in the Cub a GBR.

ffa0542ca5.jpeg

ffa051e7f0.jpeg

10 more T&L's... I feel as if I've upgraded from clubs to maybe oversized shoes as far as control goes... a step in the right direction. The heel brakes are buried under the front seat. When the instructor sits in it, it's dang near impossible to get a confident hold on them. I believe these were actually relocated inwards further than stock in an attempt to prevent students accidentally jabbing them. I changed shoes and feel somewhat better.

The elevator feels incredibly heavy. When I am taxiing around with the stick buried in my chest I feel as if my arm is about to fall off.

A) Is something up?
B) Am I the weakest wimp in the North East.

I'd be content with either, just want to know if this is what I'm "getting in to". I've picked up a second hanger at 1B1 in anticipation of getting some fabric in my life. I'd like toe brakes and a solo from the front seat. I'd also like an easier to operate trim system and an elevator that doesn't make me faint after a couple mins taxiing. I may start another thread as time goes on but wanted to quickly put it out here and see if any of you had input on a certain model Cub which may fit the criteria. I've been looking at a Champ too, but am not sure if thats a bad word around here :oops:

PS the North East sure is something special this time of year....

ffa05cc010.jpeg

I'd like toe brakes and a solo from the front seat. I'd also like an easier to operate trim system and an elevator that doesn't make me faint after a couple mins taxiing. I may start another thread as time goes on but wanted to quickly put it out here and see if any of you had input on a certain model Cub which may fit the criteria. I've been looking at a Champ too, but am not sure if thats a bad word around here :oops:

I have a nice sportcub you should look at.
Toe brakes, trim that works plus solo from the front seat.

On this first day of fall, most of the tourists have gone home leaving the beach empty.
This is a 360 video so use your mouse or a finger to find a point of view you like.

Glen how long are you going to stay on floats? I'm going to finish up getting the ratings in the twin Bee and can take it out to play. I'm scheduled this coming weekend so the weekend after that.

Glen how long are you going to stay on floats? I'm going to finish up getting the ratings in the twin Bee and can take it out to play. I'm scheduled this coming weekend so the weekend after that.

He's BUSY, however VT Glenn can play with you.

Ok,that sounds fun. I'll be in BTV the 29-oct 1 then heading back to my place in Broadalbin/ Amsterdam area. Where is Shoreham?

LOL, coming to NY in the Sterman is about the same as flying the Bee to NH, slow boat to China. I should be buzzing around upstate NY with it. Loops are easy just get going fast and pull. I'm thinking of selling my StarDuster Two, just don't fly it enough and too cold when I'm down here from AK winters.

Back