• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Greg's Supercub Build

Be careful out there with that bird, it is so pretty, don't want to see folks shooting holes in it thinking you are Steve Eaton!

Stay out of farm filed in Idaho!

Ditch that metal club and get a Catto, you won't be sorry. How did you get the FAA to do your airworthy inspection?

The prop I have is borrowed from Littlewing, it's a cruise prop, When I have the money I will be looking for a good deal on a Catto climb prop that somebody wants to sale because they want the newest version. This prop should be good to break in the fresh overhaul. They are very busy at the Faa I think I just caught them at the right time. He even said my timing for the call couldnt have been better.

IMG_1300.jpg

I Passed my FAA inspection!!! I built my own airplane!!!! Paperwork finalized mid next week! Thank all of you friends who have helped on this Journey!! I'm going flyin next week.

Attachments

• IMG_1300.jpg
    IMG_1300.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 186
Seriously, was there any doubt?!!!!

Cool beans, saw TWO bears next to Kake runway today that need made into sausage... bring your cub!:lol:8)

5/20/2016

Ladies and gentlemen,
It is my distinct pleasure, and honor, to present to you Captain Greg Campbell's first landing in his brand new, and beautiful, Smith Super Cub. Awesome landing Greg!

Special thanks to Bill Rusk, Nick Smith, Mitch and Jonah of Chickasha Wings flight school, Steve Pierce, Tom Ford, Cal, Jerry Witt, dear friends Brian Southard, David Childs and wife Kimmy.

Way to go Greg, your hard work and nearly 4 years of perservernece has finally paid off in spades, what a beautiful plane. Enjoy your new Cub, fly safe and I look forward to seeing you among the clouds. I'm so happy for you!
IMG_1377.jpg
IMG_1295.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1377.jpg
    IMG_1377.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 1,398
  • IMG_1295.jpg
    IMG_1295.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 1,392
Last edited:
WAY TO GO GREG!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!

That is the best of the human spirit. Just desire, HARD work, and sacrifice. Well done Greg.

You certainly have my admiration and respect.

Bill

Congratulations anouther member of the Okie Super Cub Airforce takes to the sky!

Last edited:
Thank You Friends. I want to thank my wife for putting up with me the last 3.5 years, actually 4 considering the events leading up to the project. I must thank God foremost. In early November 2011 on a sad evening I was thinking about buy a bent up airplane that a couple of friends an I had owned at auction. That night I prayed to God for a miracle. The next morning I saw an add on barnstormer for frame repair. I called the number and began to talk to the man on the other end. I'm a bit long winded as you guys know. Anyway I was asking how much he would charge if I bought a bent frame to have him straighten it. 5k. Then he said do you know who I am? No. I'm Nick Smith and he began to tell me about his old kit building days. Long story short he new my friend Bill and forward me the project and a great engine as it turns out for cheep. Thank You Nick! Anyway God listened to me that night even though I don't deserve it. I got my miracle along with the help of you hundreds of friends who have stepped in there here and there to push me down the trail. Thank You Friends! To you who might be like me and want to fly, pray and don't ever give up! I have reclaimed the Sky, but I'll share. Very Happy and Blessed Greg clawing4sky Campbell

Greg, the entire Supercub.org Medical Matters team passes our sincere congratulations on a difficult job well done. You have kept your eye on the ball, you have perservered and you are now blessed with a beautiful airplane. I am so proud of you, brother. Very proud.

Randy

Good Job, Greg!

How does it fly? Give us some details. I don't think I have ever made a landing that smooth… did you re-touch that video?

Plane looks great! Super job staying with the long project. Inspiration to all out there involved in a build. Thanks Greg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank You. I flew a couple of hours yesterday. Still working to trim just a bit. It is really windy here this week so it has slowed my test program. It is so great flying it though. She feels really good setting up to land. My flap spring is a bit strong, when I pull that last notch, it's really a pull. Hoping it will stretch out a bit so that when I'm dumping the flaps its a little less work. I thought about leaving them extended in the hangar to stretch it a bit. No oil leaks. She's not burning any oil now so I think she's starting to break in. Still plenty of things that can be better, that I will pretty up on those days I'm not flying. Appreciate you guys. Greg

So I have had my Dad’s password throughout the build, and I want to thank all the people that helped my Dad make his dream a reality. So proud of you Dad! Love Hayden.

This is the video I made for his birthday!

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!

Great job Greg and Thank You Hayden. That is a superb video. I love it.

Can't wait to come down there and see my OKC family and see your beautiful Cub.

Bill

Hey Friends. Just a short update. I have my 40 test hours complete. As Cal said I'm "Flung From The Nest". I'm free to move about the country! 😎. I really like my Cub. I think it flys like a dove out of Heaven! I have really enjoyed carving up the sky again. Thank You to all of you who were there for me on this build. Have a great week! Greg

Back