• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

N258JP is Finished!

storm_pilot

Casselton, ND
I'm happy to report that after 15 years, 5000 hours of free time, 5 moves, 3 career changes, 2 degrees, a little blood, and a lot of sweat that I have finally finished my replica Super Cub.

I have gleaned an incalculable amount of information from this site and its members. Many thanks to you all!

IMG_0260.jpgIMG_0252.jpgIMG_0285.jpgIMG_0296.jpg

I also put together a simple website with lots more pictures here:

https://jeremyprice258.wixsite.com/mysite

Attachments

• IMG_0260.jpg
    IMG_0260.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_0252.jpg
    IMG_0252.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_0285.jpg
    IMG_0285.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_0296.jpg
    IMG_0296.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 433
That looks absolutely gorgeous! You should be very proud of your work. And I love the panel! So neat and "clean" and highly functional.

Incredible! Awesome pictures of the process on your website. Curious where you purchased the cub specific parts that you did not fabricate?

Incredible! Awesome pictures of the process on your website. Curious where you purchased the cub specific parts that you did not fabricate?

Thanks aecub! Which parts specifically are you refering to?

Off of the top of my head: The wing spars are from D&E, wheels and brakes are Grove, master cylinders are stock Scotts that I purchased on ebay and rebuilt, tail wheel is Matco, trim jackscrew, yoke and pulleys are stock from Univair, Most harware and materials came from Spruce. Someday I'll add up all the shipping costs and calculate how much fuel it would buy to see how many times around the world I could fly it :roll:

That’s one of my favorite paint schemes. Looks right. What did it end up weighing?

Thanks aecub! Which parts specifically are you refering to?

Off of the top of my head: The wing spars are from D&E, wheels and brakes are Grove, master cylinders are stock Scotts that I purchased on ebay and rebuilt, tail wheel is Matco, trim jackscrew, yoke and pulleys are stock from Univair, Most harware and materials came from Spruce. Someday I'll add up all the shipping costs and calculate how much fuel it would buy to see how many times around the world I could fly it :roll:

That's very helpful. It's interesting to see what resources each builder uses. I'm starting a wing so am focused on spars, drag wires, flap bellcrank, pulleys. Didn't see any pictures on your website but did you make the center rib sections similar to the nose rib sections (forming over a template)?

That's very helpful. It's interesting to see what resources each builder uses. I'm starting a wing so am focused on spars, drag wires, flap bellcrank, pulleys. Didn't see any pictures on your website but did you make the center rib sections similar to the nose rib sections (forming over a template)?

Yes the center sections were formed the same way as the nose ribs. I think I just forgot to take pics of those.

Thank you for posting all of those pictures on your website. It is super helpful to see concrete examples of some fabrication steps as we all tackle little related projects. Great work, and beautiful airplane!

Back