• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

San Francisco area Pre-Buy Inspection for Super Cub

RCub

Any recommends for a good mechanic or shop to do a prebuy would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy

I don't profess to be a Super Cub expert and don't do many fabric aircraft theses days but in the San Francisco Bay Area, you can expect to wait 5-6 weeks to get into a shop. I really don't know who is doing the fabric A/C annuals in the area and have had to decline a number of pre-buys due to having serviced or annualed the aircraft in the recent past. If you can't find a good recommendation or just can't get in anywhere in time to make a deal, let me know and I'll see what I can do here. We are a primarily Cirrus shop so fabric doesn't come our direction much. We are in Novato, CA in case you need to find us. Not soliciting work, currently schedule is considered full until March but I try to work in pre-buys on aircraft to help folks out. Most of the Super Cubs around here are new Carbon Cubs and I have little experience with them at all and really can't offer a valid pre-buy there.
Seems like sellers are getting touchy about flying far enough to find a relevant shop also. I'll be watching this as I would like to know who the SC shop is here in central CA.
Good Luck,
Ken

Back