• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Movie Nights at New Holstein...Suggestions?

WindOnHisNose

BENEFACTOR
Lino Lakes MN (MY18)
OK, this is serious, friends...Topic: Movie nights at New Holstein

Sarah and Jim Dickerson came up with the wonderful suggestion of watching some famous aviation movies in the evenings at New Holstein, complete with popcorn, sodas and adult beverages. Ron Sitzman is excited to be able to bring a system for our family, as it were, to wathch in the hangar. Gonna be fun.

Please give us a list of your favorite aviation movies! I'm thinking we will compile the list and submit it to you for a survey so that we can get those movies ready!

I'll start this off...

The Great Waldo Pepper, Robert Redford
Flying Tigers, John Wayne
12 O'Clock High, Gregory Peck
Airplane!
Memphis Belle
Top Gun
The Aviator
Spirit of St. Louis, Jimmy Stewart
Battle of Britain
Flyboys

Randy the shooter

Last edited:
Required viewing if you ever want to fly in Montana.

71GPWP30JQL._SY445_.jpg

Hands down. 'Airplane!'.

Web

Let's ask George Zip...

The high points are well covered above.

Always has some fun flying

I found a not so well known one this summer called "Above and Beyond". Story of flying the Hudson Bombers across the Atlantic, and the part Gander NF played. Some story added in, but great history. Lyn even enjoyed it.

Please, not 'Never Cry Wolf'

Baa Baa Black Sheep was a favorite when I was a kid.

Flight of the Phoenix!

Above and Beyond. True story about Israeli pilots smuggling US airplanes to help Israel in their war of independence. Also was the start of the Israel Air Force.

Clint’s Good,Bad and the Ugly. Has some flying scenes in it. Mostly people flying thru the air after getting blown up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tora, Tora, Tora
The original Airport (w/George Kennedy)
Those Magnificent Men and Their Flying Machines
Twilight Zone episode "The Gremlin"
Midway with Glenn Ford, Charlton Heston, etc. (1976 version)
The High and The Mighty
The airliner scene from Dirty Harry (Excuse me Captain, but can you fly? Nope, never had a lesson.)

George

Folks, we had a grand time at New Holstein, and the Movie Nights were a hit!

movie 2.jpg

movie 1.jpg

movie 4.jpg

Movie night #1: "Spirit of St. Louis", with Jimmy Stewart. This event was preceeded by our annual thunderstorm, which dumped much rain and sent high winds across the airport. Fortunately, noone was hurt and only one aircraft suffered damage. We did have many wet tents, however, and the movie room was transformed into a combination sleepin/movie theater, and it was quite enjoyable!

Movie night #2: "Zero Hour". This movie preceeded the comedic "Airplane" and for those who enjoyed the latter, the Zero Hour was a total hoot! Ron Sitzman showed this movie in the Pavilion and it was quite enjoyable, with many lines from Airplane coming from Zero Hour. Kudos to Jim Dickerson, who I think came up with the idea, and Ron Sitzman, who went all out to provide a projector and sound system for the event.

Popcorn was provided both nights thanks to the generosity of George and Annette Richman!

We will be doing this again. Great idea to do this, Jim and Sarah Dickerson! Thanks so much for putting together the equipment to make this happen, Ron Sitzman!

Randy the Shooter

Attachments

• movie 2.jpg
    movie 2.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 70
  • movie 1.jpg
    movie 1.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 61
  • movie 4.jpg
    movie 4.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 58
Back